Barking & Dagenham Schools Ride
Sunday 18th November at 12.00pm This is what time the ride will set off. It’s best to get to the starting point at least 15 minutes beforehand to avoid missing the start.
|Cycling time||Ride distance||Suitable for||Distance from me||Ride level|
|70 Mins||8 Miles||Anyone Not all rides are suitable for everyone. This will tell you if the ride is suitable for you and/or your friends and family.||? Miles||
Barking and Dagenham
- Starting Point & Postcode
- Goresbrook Park The playground at Dagenham Avenue between Vincent Road and Hatfield Road RM9 6LL
- Overall Duration On a long ride, it’s sometimes good to have a little break in the middle, or maybe a catch up at the beginning or end to keep it sociable. This means that the overall ride duration may be longer than the actual cycling time.
- 1 hours 50 mins (1 hours 10 mins cycling)
- Bike Type You probably don’t want to drag your road bike across bumpy trails. Maybe you want to make the most of the suspension on your mountain bike. This helps you match your ride to your bike.
Sky Ride Local in Barking and Dagenham
If you’re fairly confident on your bike and ready to broaden your cycling horizons, our Steady rides are ideal. At a comfortable pace, and possibly with some modest hills along the way, rides take place on mainly quiet roads with plenty of sights along the way. Rides are between 6 and 20 miles long, at a moderate pace of between 7 and 10 miles an hour.
A ride to celebrate and continue the post-Olympic cycling buzz with the children of the following schools in Barking and Dagenham accompanied by their parents or guardians.
Thomas Arnold Primary,
St Peters Catholic Primary,
Jo Richardson Community School,
Come and join the British Cycling Ride Leaders on this 8 mile ride where you will see how easy it is to get around and explore the beautiful parks in the Borough. On our circular ride we will visit 6 parks and use the quiet roads to show you the best way to get around on two wheels!
Please complete the following survey which will let the Borough Council better understand how to encourage cycling locally:
Helmets must be worn by all under 18's regardless of ride level.
All ages are welcome but age 5 and under must be in a BSA approved child seat, trailer or tag-a-long.
Please bring equipment with you to repair punctures, Ride Leaders are there to help but are not responsible for your bike.
All rides leave at the time stated you must arrive early Ride Leaders will not wait.
- Car Parking
- Yes, at the roads around Goresbrook park.
- Nearest Train Station
- Dagenham Heathway and Becontree
Meet the Ride Leaders
- Steven Stuart
- Monjurul Haque
- Jaap Nijsen
- Neil Munro
- Arthur Dexter
- Jacqui Close
Similar events you might like
|Event Name||Date/Time||Ride Level|
|Spring Series 2014 - South Havering Circular||Sunday 23rd March at 9.00am||Challenging||Read More|
|Spring Series 2014 - Round the park & through the marshes with a Wood Green Wiggle||Sunday 30th March at 9.00am||Challenging||Read More|
|Loop-de-loop Through the Parks||Sunday 6th April at 2.00pm||Easygoing||Read More|