Abbey Park and Wolsey Island
Sunday 16th December at 10.00am This is what time the ride will set off. It’s best to get to the starting point at least 15 minutes beforehand to avoid missing the start.
|Cycling time||Ride distance||Suitable for||Distance from me||Ride level|
|35 Mins||3 Miles||Anyone Not all rides are suitable for everyone. This will tell you if the ride is suitable for you and/or your friends and family.||? Miles||
0 Free places remaining
- Starting Point & Postcode
- Abbey Park Cafe Abbey Park LE4 5AQ
- Overall Duration On a long ride, it’s sometimes good to have a little break in the middle, or maybe a catch up at the beginning or end to keep it sociable. This means that the overall ride duration may be longer than the actual cycling time.
- 1 hours 15 mins (35 mins cycling)
- Bike Type You probably don’t want to drag your road bike across bumpy trails. Maybe you want to make the most of the suspension on your mountain bike. This helps you match your ride to your bike.
- Mountain Bike, Hybrid (off road tyres), Hybrid (road tyres), Road
Sky Ride Local in Leicester
Not cycled for a while and looking for an easy way to get back in the saddle? Fancy a fun way to get your friends or kids riding? Our Easygoing rides are great for building confidence for all abilities and ages along relaxed, mostly traffic-free routes. They’re up to six miles long, with a gentle pace of around six miles an hour.
A gentle three mile ride along the River Soar through the beautiful and historic Abbey Park. There will be plenty of opportunities to see wildlife, wonderful scenery and historic buildings of Leicester on this mostly flat, family friendly ride. Follow in the footsteps of Henry VIII and Cardinal Wolsey in the grounds of the ancient Leicester Abbey on this short but well designed bike ride.
Helmets must be worn by all under 18's regardless of ride level.
All ages are welcome but age 5 and under must be in a BSA approved child seat, trailer or tag-a-long.
All rides leave at the time stated you must arrive early Ride Leaders will not wait.
- Car Parking
- Yes, at Abbey Park Car Park, charges may apply.
- Nearest Train Station
- Leicester Train Station, 1.5 miles
- Toilet Facilities Available?
- Yes, at In the Café and Abbey Park
Meet the Ride Leaders
- Martin Bujdoso
- Mike Ball
Rider Comments on the Route
Lack of People
Similar events you might like
|Event Name||Date/Time||Ride Level|
|Foxton Wave Rider||Sunday 4th May at 10.00am||Challenging||Read More|
|The Riverside Corridor Ride||Sunday 4th May at 2.00pm||Easygoing||Read More|
|Aylestone Meadows, The Rally and Stokeswood Park||Sunday 11th May at 10.00am||Steady (8+)||Read More|