Sunday 25th November at 10.00am This is what time the ride will set off. It’s best to get to the starting point at least 15 minutes beforehand to avoid missing the start.
|Cycling time||Ride distance||Suitable for||Distance from me||Ride level|
|120 Mins||7 Miles||Anyone Not all rides are suitable for everyone. This will tell you if the ride is suitable for you and/or your friends and family.||? Miles||
- Starting Point & Postcode
- The Bike Park Town Hall Square LE1 9BG
- Overall Duration On a long ride, it’s sometimes good to have a little break in the middle, or maybe a catch up at the beginning or end to keep it sociable. This means that the overall ride duration may be longer than the actual cycling time.
- 2 hours 40 mins (2 hours 0 mins cycling)
- Bike Type You probably don’t want to drag your road bike across bumpy trails. Maybe you want to make the most of the suspension on your mountain bike. This helps you match your ride to your bike.
Sky Ride Local in Leicester
If you’re fairly confident on your bike and ready to broaden your cycling horizons, our Steady rides are ideal. At a comfortable pace, and possibly with some modest hills along the way, rides take place on mainly quiet roads with plenty of sights along the way. Rides are between 6 and 20 miles long, at a moderate pace of between 7 and 10 miles an hour.
From Leicester's new bike park this ride takes you back in time to the night of 19th November 1940 and the Leicester blitz. See what effect the bombing raid had on the shape of our city as we cycle on traffic free and suburban roads. History, stories, architecture and a great ride - this circular route of around 7.5 miles has it all.
Helmets must be worn by all under 18's regardless of ride level.
All ages are welcome but age 5 and under must be in a BSA approved child seat, trailer or tag-a-long.
Please bring equipment with you to repair punctures, Ride Leaders are there to help but are not responsible for your bike.
All rides leave at the time stated you must arrive early Ride Leaders will not wait.
- Car Parking
- Yes, at On street parking bays in the area. Halford street NCP carpark (not suitable for roof mounted bike carriers). Pay and display at certain times.
- Nearest Train Station
- Leicester Train Station, 0.5 miles
- Toilet Facilities Available?
- Yes, at Indoor market, through passageway opposite (250m). BHS shop on Gallowtree Gate (50m).
Meet the Ride Leaders
- Kevin Cooper
- David Kirkland
Rider Comments on the Route
If you want to see what happened during the war in Leicester then this is an excellent ride.
Very well and safely organised through some challenging road junctions. Very interesting stops to give us an insight into the bombing in the 1940s. Thanks and looking forward to the next ride. I wish Skyride operated all through the year and not just August/September - any chance of further rides say in Spring or Autumn too?