Bike Maintenance Workshop Manchester (full day)
Saturday 26th January at 9.00am This is what time the ride will set off. It’s best to get to the starting point at least 15 minutes beforehand to avoid missing the start.
0 Free places remaining
- Starting Point & Postcode
- National Cycling Centre, Stuart Street, Manchester M11 4DQ
Bike Maintenance Workshops in Manchester
An advanced workshop designed for the real bike lovers amongst us
You’ll have unparalleled access to the former GB Cycling Team’s head mechanic Spike Taylor, who will take you through the ‘nuts and bolts’ of bike maintenance. At the end of this full day workshop you’ll have all the necessary insight and knowledge needed to take your bike apart and put it back together again! Some prior knowledge of bike maintenance tools and techniques is recommended for this full day course. The course will cover the following modules:
What does it all mean?
- Tools for the job
- What they are and what they do
- Removal and refitting of chain, chainset, chain-rings, bottom bracket and cassette
- How to use a torque wrench
- Inside story of tyres, tubes and rim tapes
- Spoke changing
- Basic wheel truing
- Just like the pros – bike set-up following a given rider specification
Stop & go
- Re-cabling both inner and outer cables
- How to remove and re-fit shifters, mechs, stem, bars, forks and headset
- Fitting grips and bar tape
- Brake and gear set up
Road- and trail-side repairs
- How to tackle common mid-ride equipment failures.
Feel specialised for £165.00
There’s no need to bring your own bike or tools, lunch and refreshments will be provided.
Already a British Cycling Member? Type in your membership number whilst booking to receive your exclusive 20% discount.
FOR GROUP BOOKINGS PLEASE CONTACT BRITISH CYCLING ON 0161 274 2046
- Starting Point
- National Cycling Centre, Stuart Street, Manchester
- Starting Postcode
- M11 4DQ