Bike Maintenance Workshop Manchester (full day)
Saturday 17th November at 9.00am This is what time the ride will set off. It’s best to get to the starting point at least 15 minutes beforehand to avoid missing the start.
0 Free places remaining
- Starting Point & Postcode
- National Cycling Centre, Stuart Street, Manchester M11 4DQ
Bike Maintenance Workshops in Manchester
This full day workshop is designed for the more frequent cyclist or ride leader to enhance their understanding and application of the following bike maintenance skills.
What does it all mean?
- Basic bike anatomy and safety check prior to every ride
- How to take your wheels, saddle and chains on and off their bike with handy tips
- Good basic position on the bike – indicators that a bike may be too long, short, big or small
- Adjustment of saddles and handlebars (height and angle)
- Headsets – all about headsets and adjustments during a ride
Puncture repair – ‘The thing we all fear the most’
- Changing an inner-tube with handy speedy tips
- How to inflate and deflate tyres in the event of a puncture during a ride
- Quick releases found on various bike set-ups
- When and why does a chain need changing?
- Fixing, breaking and re-joining chains
- Adjustments to chain length and tension
- Tips on eliminating stiff links and lubricating chains
Stop! – Brakes
- Checking brake systems – cables and brake blocks
- Changing, adjusting and setting up brake cables
- Adjusting brake blocks and dealing with rotor brakes
Go! – Gears
- Changing and adjusting gear cables with some speedy handy tips
- Lubricating gear cables
- Changing indexing of gears during a ride
Keep it running smoothly
- Basic oiling and basic cleaning
- What and when to oil and how to clean components on your bike
What to carry? Ideal tools
- Ideal tools to carry during a ride
- What tools do specific jobs
- Other useful things you should have in your kit bag.
Get great tips from the best in the business for £125.00
There’s no need to bring your own bike or tools and you’ll have the choice of what bike to work with. Lunch and refreshments will be provided.
Already a British Cycling Member? Type in your membership number when booking to receive your exclusive 20% discount.
FOR GROUP BOOKINGS PLEASE CONTACT BRITISH CYCLING ON 0161 274 2046
- Starting Point
- National Cycling Centre, Stuart Street, Manchester
- Starting Postcode
- M11 4DQ