Cragg Vale - The Longest Continuous Ascent in England!
Saturday 13th October at 12.30pm This is what time the ride will set off. It’s best to get to the starting point at least 15 minutes beforehand to avoid missing the start.
|Cycling time||Ride distance||Suitable for||Distance from me||Ride level|
|105 Mins||? Miles||Women only Not all rides are suitable for everyone. This will tell you if the ride is suitable for you and/or your friends and family.||? Miles||
- Starting Point & Postcode
- Mytholmroyd Community Centre, Caldene Avenue, Hebden Bridge, HX7 5AF. HX7 5AF
- Overall Duration On a long ride, it’s sometimes good to have a little break in the middle, or maybe a catch up at the beginning or end to keep it sociable. This means that the overall ride duration may be longer than the actual cycling time.
- 2 hours 0 mins (1 hours 45 mins cycling)
Breeze Bike Rides in Calderdale
Come and join us to ride England’s longest continuous ascent. We will start from Mytholmroyd and take on the six mile climb, don't worry we will go at a steady pace and we can take as many breaks as everyone needs.
At the top we can have a rest then its down hill all the way back as we go back the same way we came up. The ride is 12 miles in total.
This will be a leisurely road ride but will require a basic level of fitness as we are tackling a large hill, the ride is suitable for road and mountain bikes.
Please be aware the ride is high up and the weather can be different to the valley bottom it is best to bring extra clothing and a waterproof just in case, wearing a helmet is advisable as the ride is entirely on road, it is also a good idea to bring a drink and a snack in case you need to refuel along the way.
Meet at the Mytholmroyd Community Centre Car Park, Caldene Avenue, HX7 5AF
- Starting Point
- Mytholmroyd Community Centre, Caldene Avenue, Hebden Bridge, HX7 5AF.
- Starting Postcode
- HX7 5AF
Meet the Champions
- Clare Crabtree
- Jackie Holden