Crossing the Tyne by Ferry and Pedestrian Tunnel
Sunday 7th October at 11.00am This is what time the ride will set off. It’s best to get to the starting point at least 15 minutes beforehand to avoid missing the start.
|Cycling time||Ride distance||Suitable for||Distance from me||Ride level|
|150 Mins||? Miles||Women only Not all rides are suitable for everyone. This will tell you if the ride is suitable for you and/or your friends and family.||? Miles||
0 Free places remaining
- Starting Point & Postcode
- Segedunum Wallsend Car Park. NE28 6HR
- Overall Duration On a long ride, it’s sometimes good to have a little break in the middle, or maybe a catch up at the beginning or end to keep it sociable. This means that the overall ride duration may be longer than the actual cycling time.
- 3 hours 10 mins (2 hours 30 mins cycling)
Breeze Bike Rides in North Tyneside
Following in the cycle wheels of our ancestors we will cycle Route 72 from Segedunum, previously Swan Hunter's ship yard, to North Shields and take the ferry to South Shields. From the Customs House we will follow the coastline to South Shields for a refreshment stop. Our return journey will follow Route 14 to the Tyne Pedestrian Tunnel and retrace our route back to Segedunum.
Take this opportunity to ride through the historic Pedestrian Tunnel before it closes for refurbishment!
- Starting Point
- Segedunum Wallsend Car Park.
- Starting Postcode
- NE28 6HR
Meet the Champions
- Verity Smith
- Dorothy Craw
Similar events you might like
|Event Name||Date/Time||Ride Level|
|Scotswood Community Garden - Spring Meadows||Saturday 26th April at 11.30am||Women Only||Read More|
|Tynemouth Priory to St.Mary's Lighthouse||Saturday 26th April at 10.30am||Women and Children||Read More|
|morpeth to rothbury and back||Monday 21st April at 10.00am||Women Only||Read More|