Dorking Down's Foot - Strong Plus
Sunday 25th November at 9.00am This is what time the ride will set off. It’s best to get to the starting point at least 15 minutes beforehand to avoid missing the start.
|Cycling time||Ride distance||Suitable for||Distance from me||Ride level|
|195 Mins||42 Miles||Adults 16+ only Not all rides are suitable for everyone. This will tell you if the ride is suitable for you and/or your friends and family.||? Miles||
0 Free places remaining
- Starting Point & Postcode
- The public car park, Reigate Road Opposite Dorking Halls Leisure Centre RH4 1SJ
- Overall Duration On a long ride, it’s sometimes good to have a little break in the middle, or maybe a catch up at the beginning or end to keep it sociable. This means that the overall ride duration may be longer than the actual cycling time.
- 3 hours 55 mins (3 hours 15 mins cycling)
- Bike Type You probably don’t want to drag your road bike across bumpy trails. Maybe you want to make the most of the suspension on your mountain bike. This helps you match your ride to your bike.
Sky Ride Local in Surrey
Challenging rides on the road for adults only
If you’ve been riding a road bike for a while, and perhaps been thinking about joining a cycling club, these rides – brand new for 2012 – are for you. The prospect of a speedy pace over twenty to fifty miles, and the strong likelihood of some hills thrown in along the way, means our Ride Strong Plus rides are not for the faint-hearted.
A gorgeous challenging ride from the centre of Dorking out into the beauty of rural Surrey. Within just two miles we'll be out of town and in wonderful countryside taking in views of spectacular English scenery. We'll head south past Holmwood Common, then turn west toward Ewhurst and Cranleigh, before a figure of eight turns us round and we head for home. The 42 mile route is aimed at the fitter or more experienced riders and while it's long, is not too hilly. This ride is perfect for a blast of fresh air and a challenging ride out in great company!
If you've already tried one of our Ride Strong Plus rides and you're ready for the next challenge, why not try a British Cycling Sportive?
As these are adult only rides, designed for cyclists progressing from the standard Ride Strong level, the pace of the ride could increase to 15mph at the discretion of the Ride Leader.
Helmets must be worn by all under 18's regardless of ride level.
Please bring equipment with you to repair punctures, Ride Leaders are there to help but are not responsible for your bike.
All rides leave at the time stated you must arrive early Ride Leaders will not wait.
- Car Parking
- Yes, at start location, typically free of charge on a Sunday but charges may apply
- Nearest Train Station
- Dorking Deepdene, 0.25miles
Meet the Ride Leaders
To be confirmed