Tower Above the Town - Strong Plus
Sunday 25th November at 9.00am This is what time the ride will set off. It’s best to get to the starting point at least 15 minutes beforehand to avoid missing the start.
|Cycling time||Ride distance||Suitable for||Distance from me||Ride level|
|160 Mins||35 Miles||Adults 16+ only Not all rides are suitable for everyone. This will tell you if the ride is suitable for you and/or your friends and family.||? Miles||
Ride Strong PLUS + Ride Strong PLUS +
- Starting Point & Postcode
- Bolton One Community Leisure Centre Moor Lane BL3 5BN
- Overall Duration On a long ride, it’s sometimes good to have a little break in the middle, or maybe a catch up at the beginning or end to keep it sociable. This means that the overall ride duration may be longer than the actual cycling time.
- 3 hours 20 mins (2 hours 40 mins cycling)
- Bike Type You probably don’t want to drag your road bike across bumpy trails. Maybe you want to make the most of the suspension on your mountain bike. This helps you match your ride to your bike.
Sky Ride Local in Bolton
Challenging rides on the road for adults only
If you’ve been riding a road bike for a while, and perhaps been thinking about joining a cycling club, these rides – brand new for 2012 – are for you. The prospect of a speedy pace over twenty to fifty miles, and the strong likelihood of some hills thrown in along the way, means our Ride Strong Plus rides are not for the faint-hearted.
Join us for an epic ride starting from Bolton's new flagship sports venue, Bolton One. A climbers dream with over 1800ft of total ascent, reaching a high point of 1056ft above sea level. Don't forget to look behind you as you climb from Rivington to Belmont or you will miss the spectacular panoramic view, with the Fylde Coast, Blackpool Tower and the Welsh Mountains all visible on a clear day. As we start the return leg there is the reward of a long steady descent back to Bolton.
If you've already tried one of our Ride Strong Plus rides and you're ready for the next challenge, why not try a British Cycling Sportive?
As these are adult only rides, designed for cyclists progressing from the standard Ride Strong level, the pace of the ride could increase to 15mph at the discretion of the Ride Leader.
Helmets must be worn by all under 18's regardless of ride level.
Please bring equipment with you to repair punctures, Ride Leaders are there to help but are not responsible for your bike.
All rides leave at the time stated you must arrive early Ride Leaders will not wait.
- Car Parking
- Yes, at Directly opposite Bolton One is Bolton Casino/Mecca Bingo which has a huge car park & free parking on Sundays
- Nearest Train Station
Meet the Ride Leaders
- Steven Hartley
- John Clifford
Similar events you might like
|Date/Time||Event Name||Ride Level|
|Sunday 26th May at 10.00am||South Parks Way||Steady||Read More|
|Sunday 26th May at 10.00am||National Cycling Centre to Heaton Park||Steady||Read More|
|Sunday 2nd June at 11.00am||Discover the Beauty of Heaton Park||Easygoing||Read More|