The Hidden Hills of the South - Strong Plus
Sunday 25th November at 9.00am This is what time the ride will set off. It’s best to get to the starting point at least 15 minutes beforehand to avoid missing the start.
|Cycling time||Ride distance||Suitable for||Distance from me||Ride level|
|140 Mins||30 Miles||Adults 16+ only Not all rides are suitable for everyone. This will tell you if the ride is suitable for you and/or your friends and family.||? Miles||
Ride Strong PLUS + Ride Strong PLUS +
- Starting Point & Postcode
- Marston Green station car parks (there is one either side of the station), car park on Elmdon Lane, off Land Lane, South of the rail station Bickenhill B37 7EQ
- Overall Duration On a long ride, it’s sometimes good to have a little break in the middle, or maybe a catch up at the beginning or end to keep it sociable. This means that the overall ride duration may be longer than the actual cycling time.
- 3 hours 0 mins (2 hours 20 mins cycling)
- Bike Type You probably don’t want to drag your road bike across bumpy trails. Maybe you want to make the most of the suspension on your mountain bike. This helps you match your ride to your bike.
Sky Ride Local in Birmingham
Challenging rides on the road for adults only
If you’ve been riding a road bike for a while, and perhaps been thinking about joining a cycling club, these rides – brand new for 2012 – are for you. The prospect of a speedy pace over twenty to fifty miles, and the strong likelihood of some hills thrown in along the way, means our Ride Strong Plus rides are not for the faint-hearted.
This 30 mile circular route starts and finishes at Sheldon Park and follows quiet country roads around the delightful Grand Union and Stratford-upon-Avon canals. Along the way you'll pass Birmingham Airport and perhaps see planes thundering overhead. Then there's the pretty town of Knowle, The National Trust's Tudor Packwood House, the ancient woodland of Hay Wood, and fishing lakes and riverside sights of Blythe Waters. The terrain is fairly easy going but there are two steep climbs about halfway through the ride which might catch you by surprise!
If you've already tried one of our Ride Strong Plus rides and you're ready for the next challenge, why not try a British Cycling Sportive?
As these are adult only rides, designed for cyclists progressing from the standard Ride Strong level, the pace of the ride could increase to 15mph at the discretion of the Ride Leader.
Helmets must be worn by all under 18's regardless of ride level.
Please bring equipment with you to repair punctures, Ride Leaders are there to help but are not responsible for your bike.
All rides leave at the time stated you must arrive early Ride Leaders will not wait.
- Car Parking
- Yes, at Marston Green station
- Nearest Train Station
- Marston Green station