Les Tour de Lancs - Strong Plus
Sunday 18th November at 9.00am This is what time the ride will set off. It’s best to get to the starting point at least 15 minutes beforehand to avoid missing the start.
|Cycling time||Ride distance||Suitable for||Distance from me||Ride level|
|110 Mins||24 Miles||Adults 16+ only Not all rides are suitable for everyone. This will tell you if the ride is suitable for you and/or your friends and family.||? Miles||
Blackburn with Darwen
- Starting Point & Postcode
- Under the guilded arched gated entrance to Whitehall Park Entrance corner of Bolton Road and Queens Road BB3 2LZ
- Overall Duration On a long ride, it’s sometimes good to have a little break in the middle, or maybe a catch up at the beginning or end to keep it sociable. This means that the overall ride duration may be longer than the actual cycling time.
- 2 hours 30 mins (1 hours 50 mins cycling)
- Bike Type You probably don’t want to drag your road bike across bumpy trails. Maybe you want to make the most of the suspension on your mountain bike. This helps you match your ride to your bike.
Sky Ride Local in Blackburn with Darwen
Challenging rides on the road for adults only
If you’ve been riding a road bike for a while, and perhaps been thinking about joining a cycling club, these rides – brand new for 2012 – are for you. The prospect of a speedy pace over twenty to fifty miles, and the strong likelihood of some hills thrown in along the way, means our Ride Strong Plus rides are not for the faint-hearted.
Le Tour de Lancs rewards you with breathtaking views of the many towers and follies of Lancashire from Darwen tower to Holcombe. But you have to work for it! Put your hill climbing to the test and enjoy the relaxed descents through beautiful villages and superb countryside. Some busier roads, so if you're looking for tips on riding on the roads you're in great hands with your experienced and confident Ride Leaders. Come ride with us in hilly and lovely Lancashire!
If you've already tried one of our Ride Strong Plus rides and you're ready for the next challenge, why not try a British Cycling Sportive?
As these are adult only rides, designed for cyclists progressing from the standard Ride Strong level, the pace of the ride could increase to 15mph at the discretion of the Ride Leader.
Helmets must be worn by all under 18's regardless of ride level.
Please bring equipment with you to repair punctures, Ride Leaders are there to help but are not responsible for your bike.
All rides leave at the time stated you must arrive early Ride Leaders will not wait.
- Car Parking
- Yes, at on road at Queens Rd and Whitehall Rd
- Nearest Train Station
- Darwen Train Station, 1.5 miles
Meet the Ride Leaders
- Steven Hartley
- Keith Singleton
Similar events you might like
|Event Name||Date/Time||Ride Level|
|The Wynyard Woodland Polar Express||Sunday 15th December at 10.00am||Easygoing||Read More|
|Two Parks of Delight||Sunday 15th December at 10.00am||Easygoing||Read More|
|Tour of East Leicester||Sunday 15th December at 10.00am||Challenging||Read More|