Loop Around the Lanes - Strong Plus
Sunday 18th November at 9.00am This is what time the ride will set off. It’s best to get to the starting point at least 15 minutes beforehand to avoid missing the start.
|Cycling time||Ride distance||Suitable for||Distance from me||Ride level|
|125 Mins||28 Miles||Adults 16+ only Not all rides are suitable for everyone. This will tell you if the ride is suitable for you and/or your friends and family.||? Miles||
- Starting Point & Postcode
- Tudor Park Hotel Ashford Road ME14 4NQ
- Overall Duration On a long ride, it’s sometimes good to have a little break in the middle, or maybe a catch up at the beginning or end to keep it sociable. This means that the overall ride duration may be longer than the actual cycling time.
- 2 hours 45 mins (2 hours 5 mins cycling)
- Bike Type You probably don’t want to drag your road bike across bumpy trails. Maybe you want to make the most of the suspension on your mountain bike. This helps you match your ride to your bike.
Sky Ride Local in Kent
Challenging rides on the road for adults only
If you’ve been riding a road bike for a while, and perhaps been thinking about joining a cycling club, these rides – brand new for 2012 – are for you. The prospect of a speedy pace over twenty to fifty miles, and the strong likelihood of some hills thrown in along the way, means our Ride Strong Plus rides are not for the faint-hearted.
Come and join us on a fabulous rural route that leaves the town behind and takes us through some of the most stunning countryside the south of England has to offer, including the ridiculously pretty Leeds Castle. This is not the toughest route in the world and there are no major climbs but very little is flat and if we push on, the undulations will make for a challenging ride.
If you've already tried one of our Ride Strong Plus rides and you're ready for the next challenge, why not try a British Cycling Sportive?
As these are adult only rides, designed for cyclists progressing from the standard Ride Strong level, the pace of the ride could increase to 15mph at the discretion of the Ride Leader.
Helmets must be worn by all under 18's regardless of ride level.
Please bring equipment with you to repair punctures, Ride Leaders are there to help but are not responsible for your bike.
All rides leave at the time stated you must arrive early Ride Leaders will not wait.
- Car Parking
- Yes, at On road where possible and then make your way to the start
- Nearest Train Station
- Bearsted Train Station
- Toilet Facilities Available?
- Yes, at In the hotel if open at time of ride and if permission of the staff given to individuals
Meet the Ride Leaders
- Steve Jones
- Rob Kennison
Similar events you might like
|Event Name||Date/Time||Ride Level|
|Spring Series 2014 - South Havering Circular||Sunday 23rd March at 9.00am||Challenging||Read More|
|Spring Series 2014 - Essex Ramble||Sunday 16th March at 9.00am||Challenging||Read More|
|The Kent Explorer||Sunday 13th April at 10.00am||Challenging||Read More|