Rolling Hills - Strong Plus
Sunday 18th November at 9.00am This is what time the ride will set off. It’s best to get to the starting point at least 15 minutes beforehand to avoid missing the start.
|Cycling time||Ride distance||Suitable for||Distance from me||Ride level|
|120 Mins||26 Miles||Adults 16+ only Not all rides are suitable for everyone. This will tell you if the ride is suitable for you and/or your friends and family.||? Miles||
- Starting Point & Postcode
- Car park of Bath City Football Club Twerton Park BA2 1DB
- Overall Duration On a long ride, it’s sometimes good to have a little break in the middle, or maybe a catch up at the beginning or end to keep it sociable. This means that the overall ride duration may be longer than the actual cycling time.
- 2 hours 40 mins (2 hours 0 mins cycling)
- Bike Type You probably don’t want to drag your road bike across bumpy trails. Maybe you want to make the most of the suspension on your mountain bike. This helps you match your ride to your bike.
Sky Ride Local in Bath
Challenging rides on the road for adults only
If you’ve been riding a road bike for a while, and perhaps been thinking about joining a cycling club, these rides – brand new for 2012 – are for you. The prospect of a speedy pace over twenty to fifty miles, and the strong likelihood of some hills thrown in along the way, means our Ride Strong Plus rides are not for the faint-hearted.
This tough 26 mile circular ride takes in the best of the stunning rolling hills of Avon and Somerset south and west of Bath. Using mostly quiet rural roads, you'll discover hidden villages set amid lush countryside. There are some very tough but rewarding climbs on the route, notably at the start with a long steep climb out of Bath, affording great views back over the achingly pretty city. There's also a steep climb towards the end of the ride after Englishcomb - you'll be brimming with pride when you reach the top. Inbetween there are some pretty villages to admire as you pass by, with Priston's village green, 12th century church and watermill being a real highlight.
This is a very tough hilly route and not for the faint hearted! You will need to ride a bike with suitable gears for riding up steep hills. Do make sure that you have ridden plenty of hills before signing up and that you are confident you can meet the challenge.
If you've already tried one of our Ride Strong Plus rides and you're ready for the next challenge, why not try a British Cycling Sportive?
As these are adult only rides, designed for cyclists progressing from the standard Ride Strong level, the pace of the ride could increase to 15mph at the discretion of the Ride Leader.
Helmets must be worn by all under 18's regardless of ride level.
Please bring equipment with you to repair punctures, Ride Leaders are there to help but are not responsible for your bike.
All rides leave at the time stated you must arrive early Ride Leaders will not wait.
- Car Parking
- Yes, at start location (Bath City F.C.) and the road outside of the ground
- Nearest Train Station
- Bath Spa, 2 miles