The Challenging Tour of Cleveland - Strong Plus
Sunday 11th November at 9.00am This is what time the ride will set off. It’s best to get to the starting point at least 15 minutes beforehand to avoid missing the start.
|Cycling time||Ride distance||Suitable for||Distance from me||Ride level|
|130 Mins||28 Miles||Adults 16+ only Not all rides are suitable for everyone. This will tell you if the ride is suitable for you and/or your friends and family.||? Miles||
- Starting Point & Postcode
- Middlesbrough Cycle Circuit Marton Road TS4 3SA
- Overall Duration On a long ride, it’s sometimes good to have a little break in the middle, or maybe a catch up at the beginning or end to keep it sociable. This means that the overall ride duration may be longer than the actual cycling time.
- 2 hours 50 mins (2 hours 10 mins cycling)
- Bike Type You probably don’t want to drag your road bike across bumpy trails. Maybe you want to make the most of the suspension on your mountain bike. This helps you match your ride to your bike.
Sky Ride Local in Middlesbrough
Challenging ride on the road for adults only
If you’ve been riding a road bike for a while, and perhaps been thinking about joining a cycling club, these rides – brand new for 2012 – are for you. The prospect of a speedy pace over twenty to fifty miles, and the strong likelihood of some hills thrown in along the way, means our Ride Strong Plus rides are not for the faint-hearted.
This rolling 27 mile out and back route starts at the Middlesbrough Cycle Circuit in east Middlesbrough, taking in the small towns and villages of Cleveland enroute to Guisborough on the edge of the Cleveland Hills. There's historical interest along the way - you'll pass through Great Ayton, birthplace of adventurer Captain Cook before skirting the market town of Guisborough on your way to the undoubted highlight of the ride – a hilly loop that flirts with the edge of the imposing Cleveland Hills. With views dominated by the spectacular and distinctive Roseberry Topping Hill and the rugged beauty of Eston Moors this really is a fabulous ride but not one for the faint hearted!
If you've already tried one of our Ride Strong Plus rides and you're ready for the next challenge, why not try a British Cycling Sportive?
As these are adult only rides, designed for cyclists progressing from the standard Ride Strong level, the pace of the ride could increase to 15mph at the discretion of the Ride Leader.
Helmets must be worn by all under 18's regardless of ride level.
Please bring equipment with you to repair punctures, Ride Leaders are there to help but are not responsible for your bike.
All rides leave at the time stated you must arrive early Ride Leaders will not wait.
- Car Parking
- Yes, at Middlesbrough Cycle Circuit
- Nearest Train Station
Meet the Ride Leaders
- Paul Steele
- Chris Kirby