Clapham Common, Brockwell Park and Dulwich
Monday 8th October at 10.00am This is what time the ride will set off. It’s best to get to the starting point at least 15 minutes beforehand to avoid missing the start.
|Cycling time||Ride distance||Suitable for||Distance from me||Ride level|
|80 Mins||? Miles||Adults 16+ only Not all rides are suitable for everyone. This will tell you if the ride is suitable for you and/or your friends and family.||? Miles||
Women only Breeze Rides are all about fun, friendly, informal bike rides led by women, for women. They're ideal for all abilities and are great for building confidence and getting some gentle exercise. You might not have ridden a bike for a while and be looking for the easiest way to get back in the saddle, or be looking for a sociable way of getting out and about in your local area. Breeze rides are gently-paced, not too long, and often take in a stop for coffee or a cake. Kids are welcome to come along too.
- Starting Point & Postcode
- Clapham Common Bandstand, Clapham Common, London Borough of Lambeth, SW4 7AJ Nearest underground service - Clapham Common, Clapham North and Oval (Northern Line) and Stockwell (Northern and Victoria Lines). Nearest Barclays Cycle Hire docking stations are: Kennington Oval and Kennington Road Post Office. SW4 7AJ
- Overall Duration On a long ride, it’s sometimes good to have a little break in the middle, or maybe a catch up at the beginning or end to keep it sociable. This means that the overall ride duration may be longer than the actual cycling time.
- 1 hours 20 mins (1 hours 20 mins cycling)
Breeze Bike Rides in Lambeth
This is a pretty ride starting on Clapham Common, then via quiet residential streets to Brockwell and Dulwich Parks, where we can enjoy some traffic-free cycling. There are great views over London from the top of the hill in Brockwell Park. We’ll head back to Clapham Common for our end of ride coffee at the Bandstand Cafe.
There are two gradients along the way, but nothing very strenuous. The ride is all on tarmac so suitable for road as well as hybrid bikes, although need to take care with some potholes in Brockwell Park.
It's a good idea to bring some water and you may also want to bring a snack. Wearing a helmet is advisable, but not essential.
Please bring some money if you want to buy refreshments and wear lots of thin layers if it’s cold.
Look forward to seeing you there!
Judith and Michelle
- Starting Point
- Clapham Common Bandstand, Clapham Common, London Borough of Lambeth, SW4 7AJ Nearest underground service - Clapham Common, Clapham North and Oval (Northern Line) and Stockwell (Northern and Victoria Lines). Nearest Barclays Cycle Hire docking stations are: Kennington Oval and Kennington Road Post Office.
- Starting Postcode
- SW4 7AJ
Meet the Champions
- Judith Kent
Similar events you might like
|Date/Time||Event Name||Ride Level|
|Monday 20th May at 10.00am||Wandsworth to Hammersmith Bridge along the River Thames||Steady||Read More|
|Sunday 19th May at 10.30am||Docklands for Coffee||Steady||Read More|
|Friday 24th May at 10.00am||Wandsworth to Wimbledon Windmill||Steady||Read More|