Breeze in Herrington Park
Sunday 17th February at 10.30am This is what time the ride will set off. It’s best to get to the starting point at least 15 minutes beforehand to avoid missing the start.
|Cycling time||Ride distance||Suitable for||Distance from me||Ride level|
|45 Mins||? Miles||Women and children Not all rides are suitable for everyone. This will tell you if the ride is suitable for you and/or your friends and family.||? Miles||
- Starting Point & Postcode
- Car park at the Boating Lake, Herrington Country Park, Houghton le Spring, Tyne and Wear, DH4 7EL Located off A183 opposite Penshaw Monument DH4 7EL
- Overall Duration On a long ride, it’s sometimes good to have a little break in the middle, or maybe a catch up at the beginning or end to keep it sociable. This means that the overall ride duration may be longer than the actual cycling time.
- 2 hours 0 mins (45 mins cycling)
Breeze Bike Rides in Sunderland
Breeze Durham would like to encourage everyone, young and old to come and join us at Herrington Park for an easy 3-4 mile ride along the cycle paths at Herrington Park. The ride will be totally within the park and is a great opportunity for you to pump up those tyres and take those stabilisers off.
We would like people to bring along their bikes, kites, balls, bats and picnic for a fun morning at this lovely park.
We hope that people will stay and enjoy the woods, play parks and walk up to Penshaw Monument. As usual there will be coffee, cake and much chat.
Dress appropriately for the weather: in cool weather it's good to wear lots of thin layers, so you can add/remove them as needed; a rain jacket is a good idea too!
Wearing a helmet is advisable; if you don’t have one please do not to worry you can still take part. If you enjoy the bike ride and would like to come again perhaps you could look to buy one then. Under 16’s MUST wear a helmet.
Look forward to seeing you there!
- Starting Point
- Car park at the Boating Lake, Herrington Country Park, Houghton le Spring, Tyne and Wear, DH4 7EL Located off A183 opposite Penshaw Monument
- Starting Postcode
- DH4 7EL
Meet the Champions
- Jacki Patrickson
Similar events you might like
|Event Name||Date/Time||Ride Level|
|Sherburn to Seaham Circular||Sunday 23rd March at 11.00am||Women and Children||Read More|
|Cycle Hub to Bill Quay Farm||Saturday 29th March at 10.30am||Women and Children||Read More|
|Valley Views||Sunday 16th March at 10.30am||Women Only||Read More|