Rock Hard Granite Way
Saturday 13th October at 1.30pm This is what time the ride will set off. It’s best to get to the starting point at least 15 minutes beforehand to avoid missing the start.
|Cycling time||Ride distance||Suitable for||Distance from me||Ride level|
|120 Mins||? Miles||Anyone Not all rides are suitable for everyone. This will tell you if the ride is suitable for you and/or your friends and family.||? Miles||
Women and Children Women and Children
- Starting Point & Postcode
- Okehampton Station Car Park Dartmoor Railway Okehampton Station Okehampton EX20 1EJ EX20 1EJ
- Overall Duration On a long ride, it’s sometimes good to have a little break in the middle, or maybe a catch up at the beginning or end to keep it sociable. This means that the overall ride duration may be longer than the actual cycling time.
- 2 hours 30 mins (2 hours 0 mins cycling)
Breeze Bike Rides in West Devon
All the way along the Granite way traffic free path to Southerly Picnic Halt, where we will halt for a snack. And then return to Okehampton. If the weather is VERY wet we could change the picnic to a pub stop at Bears lake inn or shorten our loop.
About 13 miles of flat traffic free riding. This is ideal for children who want to try a distance challenge, and their mums. This ride takes you along the edge of Dartmoor and across two viaducts with stunning views.
As this ride is flat pretty much any bike could be used. Unicycles included. Bike hire is avavlible at Adventure Okehampton next to Okehampton Station.
If you haven't been on a bike for some time or just starting out don't worry as our Breeze champions will be on hand to help out and give you some tips. We never leave anybody behind and we’ll always ride at the pace of the slowest rider.
Please bring a drink and if required a small snack with you. It's always a good idea to pack a waterproof and another layer of clothing. The British weather doesn't put us off!
Under 16s are required to wear a helmet. Wearing a helmet is advisable for over 16s.
Look forward to seeing you there!
- Starting Point
- Okehampton Station Car Park Dartmoor Railway Okehampton Station Okehampton EX20 1EJ
- Starting Postcode
- EX20 1EJ
Meet the Champions
- Sarah Miller