International Women's Day - Strangest Pub Ever!
Saturday 9th March at 11.00am This is what time the ride will set off. It’s best to get to the starting point at least 15 minutes beforehand to avoid missing the start.
|Cycling time||Ride distance||Suitable for||Distance from me||Ride level|
|120 Mins||? Miles||Women only Not all rides are suitable for everyone. This will tell you if the ride is suitable for you and/or your friends and family.||? Miles||
0 Free places remaining
- Starting Point & Postcode
- Dartmoor Railway, Okehampton Station, Station Road, Okehampton, Devon, EX20 1EJ For train times please visit the National Rail Enquiries website. Don't have a bike - not a problem please visit Adventure Okehampton at the YHA. For more information please see their website. EX20 1EJ
- Overall Duration On a long ride, it’s sometimes good to have a little break in the middle, or maybe a catch up at the beginning or end to keep it sociable. This means that the overall ride duration may be longer than the actual cycling time.
- 3 hours 0 mins (2 hours 0 mins cycling)
Breeze Bike Rides in West Devon
International Women's Day is a global day celebrating the economic, political and social achievements of women past, present and future.
Suffragettes campaigned for women's right to vote. The word 'Suffragette' is derived from the word "suffrage" meaning the right to vote. International Women's Day honours the work of the Suffragettes, celebrates women's success, and reminds of inequities still to be redressed.
Why not join us for a Breeze ride to celebrate the success of women’s cycling!
Come and join us for a nice leisurely ride along one of the most beautiful cycle trails in the country to a very bizarre pub for lunch.
There is ample free parking and toilets at Okehampton Station, where we start our jaunt. Okehampton Station has been lovingly restored and has a buffet restaurant
Bike Hire is available at £8.50 a day from Adventure Okehampton, who are based at the Youth Hostel opposite the station. If you do want to hire one, Give them a call on 01837 53916 before the day just to make sure there is one available for you when you arrive, for more information please see their website. Bike hire includes free helmet and bike lock hire
The Granite Way is a disused railway line which is mainly flat and a lot of it is tarmac surface which makes for really easy cycling. It offers spectacular views over Dartmoor.
We will be stopping at the Highwayman in Sourton for lunch. The highwayman is known as Britain’s most unusual pub and has to be seen to be believed. That's all I’m prepared to say for now. If you want to know more you’ll have to join us
10 miles may seem a long way but I promise you that it’s easy and you’ll be glad you joined us because we’re going to have a lovely day!
Unfortunately we can't take children on this ride, as they wouldn't be allowed in the pub
Look forward to seeing you there!
- Starting Point
- Dartmoor Railway, Okehampton Station, Station Road, Okehampton, Devon, EX20 1EJ For train times please visit the National Rail Enquiries website. Don't have a bike - not a problem please visit Adventure Okehampton at the YHA. For more information please see their website.
- Starting Postcode
- EX20 1EJ
Meet the Champions
- Lorraine Adams
- Michele Radant
Similar events you might like
|Event Name||Date/Time||Ride Level|
|Breeze Ride - Custard Hill and Lydford Loop||Saturday 26th April at 2.30pm||Women Only||Read More|
|Breeze Ride - Widger Wiggle||Monday 28th April at 6.30pm||Women Only||Read More|
|Breeze the River Plym||Tuesday 29th April at 6.00pm||Women Only||Read More|