The Hurworth Burn Reservoir Romp
Saturday 13th October at 10.00am This is what time the ride will set off. It’s best to get to the starting point at least 15 minutes beforehand to avoid missing the start.
|Cycling time||Ride distance||Suitable for||Distance from me||Ride level|
|110 Mins||13 Miles||11+ (children 11-15 with adult) Not all rides are suitable for everyone. This will tell you if the ride is suitable for you and/or your friends and family.||? Miles||
- Starting Point & Postcode
- Wynyard Woodland Park (Formerly Castle Eden Walkway) Station House TS21 3JG
- Overall Duration On a long ride, it’s sometimes good to have a little break in the middle, or maybe a catch up at the beginning or end to keep it sociable. This means that the overall ride duration may be longer than the actual cycling time.
- 2 hours 30 mins (1 hours 50 mins cycling)
- Bike Type You probably don’t want to drag your road bike across bumpy trails. Maybe you want to make the most of the suspension on your mountain bike. This helps you match your ride to your bike.
- Hybrid (off road tyres)
Sky Ride Local in Middlesbrough
If you’re fairly confident on your bike on dirt and gravel surfaces and ready to broaden your cycling horizons, our Off-Road Steady rides are ideal. At a comfortable pace, and possibly with some modest hills along the way, there is barely a metre of tarmac in sight on these rides so come and enjoy the scrunch of gravel and the squelch of mud under your tyres with us! Rides are between 6 and 15 miles long, at a moderate pace of between 7 and 10 miles an hour.
Come join us on this lovely 13 mile off-road ride along the old railway lines that once transported freight from Sunderland to Ports along the River Tees. Once we arrive at our picturesque midway point at Hurworth Burn Reservoir we will stop for a break and the chance to take in the amazing scenery. From here we head back to Wynyard Park via a nice forest track within Brierley Woods. If getting out and stretching your legs with family and friends sounds good to you then this ride is not to be missed!
Helmets must be worn by all under 18's regardless of ride level.
The minimum age for these rides is 11, there must be no child trailers or child seats, the child capable of riding within the demands of the off-road specification.
Please bring equipment with you to repair punctures.
Ride Leaders are there to help but are not responsible for your bike.
All rides leave at the time stated you must arrive early Ride Leaders will not wait.
- Car Parking
- Yes, at Main Entrance to Park
- Nearest Train Station
- Stockton Station, 4 miles
- Toilet Facilities Available?
- Yes, at Behind Cafe and opposite Train
Meet the Ride Leaders
- Chris Kirby
- Chris Orr
- Philip Robertson
Similar events you might like
|Event Name||Date/Time||Ride Level|
|Spring Series 2014 - The Big Tour||Sunday 16th March at 10.00am||Challenging||Read More|
|Spring Series 2014 - Trans Pennine Trail: A Route to Lymm||Sunday 23rd March at 10.00am||Challenging||Read More|
|Spring Series 2014 - Follow the Old Brick Road||Sunday 16th March at 10.00am||Challenging||Read More|