The Big Tour - Strong Plus
Sunday 21st October at 9.00am This is what time the ride will set off. It’s best to get to the starting point at least 15 minutes beforehand to avoid missing the start.
|Cycling time||Ride distance||Suitable for||Distance from me||Ride level|
|150 Mins||28 Miles||Adults 16+ only Not all rides are suitable for everyone. This will tell you if the ride is suitable for you and/or your friends and family.||? Miles||
- Starting Point & Postcode
- Smithy Lodge Entrance on Middleton Road By the Golf Club entrance M9 0TZ
- Overall Duration On a long ride, it’s sometimes good to have a little break in the middle, or maybe a catch up at the beginning or end to keep it sociable. This means that the overall ride duration may be longer than the actual cycling time.
- 2 hours 50 mins (2 hours 30 mins cycling)
- Bike Type You probably don’t want to drag your road bike across bumpy trails. Maybe you want to make the most of the suspension on your mountain bike. This helps you match your ride to your bike.
Sky Ride Local in Manchester
Challenging ride on the road for adults only
If you’ve been riding a road bike for a while, and perhaps been thinking about joining a cycling club, these rides – brand new for 2012 – are for you. The prospect of a speedy pace over twenty to fifty miles, and the strong likelihood of some hills thrown in along the way, means our Ride Strong Plus rides are not for the faint-hearted.
This is our BIG TOUR of some of the parks situated to the north of Greater Manchester. The ride leaves Heaton Park and climbs steadily towards Tandlehill Park in Oldham. From there we climb steeply over the Pennines and drop into Saddleworth. From there the ride climbs steeply back over the Pennines and drops down into Oldham and Alexander Park. On our home stretch we enjoy one more steady climb through Oldham for good measure before gradually dropping down back to Heaton Park. You will be rewarded with some great scenery as we pass over the big hills on this circular route which is only suitable for road bikes. Bring your cycling legs...and enjoy the views!
As these are adult only rides, designed for cyclists progressing from the standard Ride Strong level, the pace of the ride could increase to 15mph at the discretion of the Ride Leader.
Helmets must be worn by all under 18's regardless of ride level.
Please bring equipment with you to repair punctures, Ride Leaders are there to help but are not responsible for your bike.
All rides leave at the time stated you must arrive early Ride Leaders will not wait.
- Car Parking
- Yes, at Heaton Park Smithy Lodge, charges apply
- Nearest Train Station
- Manchester Victoria, 4 miles
- Toilet Facilities Available?
- Yes, at At start in Golf Centre, at Tandle Hill Park, at Brownhill Centre and at Alexander Park
Meet the Ride Leaders
- David Gara
Similar events you might like
|Event Name||Date/Time||Ride Level|
|Spring Series 2014 - Pennine Escape||Sunday 9th March at 10.00am||Challenging||Read More|
|Spring Series 2014 - The Big Tour||Sunday 16th March at 10.00am||Challenging||Read More|
|Spring Series 2014 - Follow the Old Brick Road||Sunday 16th March at 10.00am||Challenging||Read More|