Sunday 18th November at 10.00am This is what time the ride will set off. It’s best to get to the starting point at least 15 minutes beforehand to avoid missing the start.
|Cycling time||Ride distance||Suitable for||Distance from me||Ride level|
|90 Mins||11 Miles||11+ (children 11-15 with adult) Not all rides are suitable for everyone. This will tell you if the ride is suitable for you and/or your friends and family.||? Miles||
Off-Road - Ride Well
- Starting Point & Postcode
- Car-park on Bourley Road off Beaconhill Road (B3013) on left 3/4 mile past Tweseldown Race Course if coming from Church Crookham GU52 8AD
- Overall Duration On a long ride, it’s sometimes good to have a little break in the middle, or maybe a catch up at the beginning or end to keep it sociable. This means that the overall ride duration may be longer than the actual cycling time.
- 2 hours 10 mins (1 hours 30 mins cycling)
- Bike Type You probably don’t want to drag your road bike across bumpy trails. Maybe you want to make the most of the suspension on your mountain bike. This helps you match your ride to your bike.
- Hybrid (off road tyres)
Sky Ride Local in Surrey
Get out and explore the countryside with the brand new rural off-road routes from Sky Ride Local. Off-road Ride Well is mostly traffic free rural bike riding for the family and novice cyclist. There is barely a metre of tarmac in sight on these rides so come and enjoy the scrunch of gravel and the squelch of mud under your tyres with us!
Join us on this 10 mile scenic route which follows mainly wide tracks towards the historical high point of the ride - Caesar's Camp. It includes a variety of landscapes - heathland, woods, a reservoir & ponds. There will be opportunities to stop for a breather and take in the lovely views. With some steady climbs and easy descents this route is ideal for anyone wanting to stretch their legs and have some fun!
Helmets must be worn by all under 18's regardless of ride level.
The minimum age for these rides is 11, there must be no child trailers or child seats, the child capable of riding within the demands of the off-road specification.
Please bring equipment with you to repair punctures.
Ride Leaders are there to help but are not responsible for your bike.
All rides leave at the time stated you must arrive early Ride Leaders will not wait.
- Car Parking
- Yes, at start point, Car Park on Bourley Road. On left 3/4 mile past Tweseldown Race Course if coming from Church Crookham. If travelling from Aldershot, the car-park is on the right off Farnborough Road (A325)
- Nearest Train Station
- Aldershot Station, 2.7 miles
Meet the Ride Leaders
- Col Davies
- Sigi Hansen