Off-road to the Thames!
Saturday 3rd November at 10.00am This is what time the ride will set off. It’s best to get to the starting point at least 15 minutes beforehand to avoid missing the start.
|Cycling time||Ride distance||Suitable for||Distance from me||Ride level|
|240 Mins||20 Miles||11+ (children 11-15 with adult) Not all rides are suitable for everyone. This will tell you if the ride is suitable for you and/or your friends and family.||? Miles||
0 Free places remaining
- Starting Point & Postcode
- The Olive Tree Pub Sutton Green Road, Sutton Green GU4 7QD
- Overall Duration On a long ride, it’s sometimes good to have a little break in the middle, or maybe a catch up at the beginning or end to keep it sociable. This means that the overall ride duration may be longer than the actual cycling time.
- 4 hours 40 mins (4 hours 0 mins cycling)
- Bike Type You probably don’t want to drag your road bike across bumpy trails. Maybe you want to make the most of the suspension on your mountain bike. This helps you match your ride to your bike.
- Mountain Bike, Hybrid (off road tyres)
Sky Ride Local in Surrey
Get out and explore the countryside with the brand new rural off-road routes from Sky Ride Local. Off-road Ride Well is mostly traffic free rural bike riding for the family and novice cyclist. There is barely a metre of tarmac in sight on these rides so come and enjoy the scrunch of gravel and the squelch of mud under your tyres with us!
Join us for a great off-road route of nearly 20 miles that starts from The Olive Tree in Sutton Green and takes us to the Thames at Weybridge. Riding on tow path and field tracks we will follow the River Wey Navigation from Triggs Lock to Thames Lock before stopping for a breather and refreshments. This is a sometimes-muddy and fun off-road cycle ride that is ideal for those who want to discover off-road routes that lead to the Thames and onwards to London.
Helmets must be worn by all under 18's regardless of ride level.
The minimum age for these rides is 11, there must be no child trailers or child seats, the child capable of riding within the demands of the off-road specification.
Please bring equipment with you to repair punctures.
Ride Leaders are there to help but are not responsible for your bike.
All rides leave at the time stated you must arrive early Ride Leaders will not wait.
- Car Parking
- Yes, at the Olive Tree Pub Car Park and surrounding streets
- Nearest Train Station
- Woking Station, 2.5 miles
- Toilet Facilities Available?
- Yes, at The Olive Tree Pub
Meet the Ride Leaders
- Alan Hanley
- Michael Laycock
Similar events you might like
|Event Name||Date/Time||Ride Level|
|British Heart Foundation Training Ride||Sunday 20th April at 10.00am||Challenging||Read More|
|Bushy Park and Hampton Court Explorer||Sunday 27th April at 2.00pm||Steady||Read More|
|Little Venice Canal Cruise||Sunday 20th April at 10.00am||Steady||Read More|