King's Wood Canter
Saturday 13th October at 10.00am This is what time the ride will set off. It’s best to get to the starting point at least 15 minutes beforehand to avoid missing the start.
|Cycling time||Ride distance||Suitable for||Distance from me||Ride level|
|50 Mins||7 Miles||8+ (children 8-15 with adult) Not all rides are suitable for everyone. This will tell you if the ride is suitable for you and/or your friends and family.||? Miles||
0 Free places remaining
- Starting Point & Postcode
- King's Wood Main Car Park White Hall, off Buck Street, Challock TN25 4DG
- Overall Duration On a long ride, it’s sometimes good to have a little break in the middle, or maybe a catch up at the beginning or end to keep it sociable. This means that the overall ride duration may be longer than the actual cycling time.
- 1 hours 30 mins (50 mins cycling)
- Bike Type You probably don’t want to drag your road bike across bumpy trails. Maybe you want to make the most of the suspension on your mountain bike. This helps you match your ride to your bike.
- Mountain Bike, Hybrid (off road tyres)
Sky Ride Local in Kent
If you’re fairly confident on your bike on dirt and gravel surfaces and ready to broaden your cycling horizons, our Off-Road Steady rides are ideal. At a comfortable pace, and possibly with some modest hills along the way, there is barely a metre of tarmac in sight on these rides so come and enjoy the scrunch of gravel and the squelch of mud under your tyres with us! Rides are between 6 and 15 miles long, at a moderate pace of between 7 and 10 miles an hour.
Join us on this ride that is completely contained within the beautiful King's Wood. This is an area of amazing mixed broadleaf and conifer woodland. With such a regal name, it should come as no surprise that King's Wood was historically a royal hunting forest. The quarry pursued was deer, and a large herd of fallow deer still run free in the wood. This circular route is perfect for those wanting a totally off-road experience!
Helmets must be worn by all under 18's regardless of ride level.
The minimum age for these rides is 8, there must be no child trailers or child seats, children must be capable of riding within the demands of the off-road specification.
Please bring equipment with you to repair punctures, Ride Leaders are there to help but are not responsible for your bike.
All rides leave at the time stated you must arrive early Ride Leaders will not wait.
- Car Parking
- Yes, at start point, King's Wood Main Car Park
- Nearest Train Station
- Ashford International Station, 7 miles
Meet the Ride Leaders
- Glyn Pallister
- Graham Cottington
Similar events you might like
|Event Name||Date/Time||Ride Level|
|British Heart Foundation Training Ride||Sunday 27th April at 10.00am||Challenging||Read More|
|Waterways to Wapping||Sunday 27th April at 10.00am||Steady||Read More|
|Chinbrook Meadows Loop||Sunday 11th May at 2.00pm||Easygoing||Read More|