The King's Garden Party
Saturday 13th October at 10.00am This is what time the ride will set off. It’s best to get to the starting point at least 15 minutes beforehand to avoid missing the start.
|Cycling time||Ride distance||Suitable for||Distance from me||Ride level|
|85 Mins||11 Miles||11+ (children 11-15 with adult) Not all rides are suitable for everyone. This will tell you if the ride is suitable for you and/or your friends and family.||? Miles||
- Starting Point & Postcode
- Public Carpark shortly after Acres Down Farm shop at start of signed cycleroute Minstead SO43 7GE
- Overall Duration On a long ride, it’s sometimes good to have a little break in the middle, or maybe a catch up at the beginning or end to keep it sociable. This means that the overall ride duration may be longer than the actual cycling time.
- 2 hours 5 mins (1 hours 25 mins cycling)
- Bike Type You probably don’t want to drag your road bike across bumpy trails. Maybe you want to make the most of the suspension on your mountain bike. This helps you match your ride to your bike.
- No road bikes
Sky Ride Local in Southampton
If you’re fairly confident on your bike on dirt and gravel surfaces and ready to broaden your cycling horizons, our Off-Road Steady rides are ideal. At a comfortable pace, and possibly with some modest hills along the way, there is barely a metre of tarmac in sight on these rides so come and enjoy the scrunch of gravel and the squelch of mud under your tyres with us! Rides are between 6 and 15 miles long, at a moderate pace of between 7 and 10 miles an hour.
Join us on this wonderful heathland adventure of just over 11 miles. We wend our way through the historic forest enclosures dating back to the days of King William II. Our destination is the King's garden, a lovely scenic spot to have a breather and a well-earned snack before we continue on our travels through the New Forest back to Acres Down House.
*The Postcode listed is for the Acres Down Farm Shop, the Public Car Park is sign posted from the farm cross roads.*
Helmets must be worn by all under 18's regardless of ride level.
The minimum age for these rides is 11, there must be no child trailers or child seats, the child capable of riding within the demands of the off-road specification.
Please bring equipment with you to repair punctures.
Ride Leaders are there to help but are not responsible for your bike.
All rides leave at the time stated you must arrive early Ride Leaders will not wait.
- Car Parking
- Yes, at at start point.
- Nearest Train Station
- Ashurst (New Forest) Station, 6 miles
Meet the Ride Leaders
- Stuart Simpson
- Sarah Schlesinger
- Vincent Licence