Medlock Valley Mash Up
Saturday 13th October at 10.00am This is what time the ride will set off. It’s best to get to the starting point at least 15 minutes beforehand to avoid missing the start.
|Cycling time||Ride distance||Suitable for||Distance from me||Ride level|
|65 Mins||7 Miles||8+ (children 8-15 with adult) Not all rides are suitable for everyone. This will tell you if the ride is suitable for you and/or your friends and family.||? Miles||
0 Free places remaining
- Starting Point & Postcode
- Bardsley Car Park, West side of Oldham Road (A627) Bardsley Bridge OL7 9RR
- Overall Duration On a long ride, it’s sometimes good to have a little break in the middle, or maybe a catch up at the beginning or end to keep it sociable. This means that the overall ride duration may be longer than the actual cycling time.
- 1 hours 45 mins (1 hours 5 mins cycling)
- Bike Type You probably don’t want to drag your road bike across bumpy trails. Maybe you want to make the most of the suspension on your mountain bike. This helps you match your ride to your bike.
- Mountain Bike, Hybrid (off road tyres)
Sky Ride Local in Manchester
If you’re fairly confident on your bike on dirt and gravel surfaces and ready to broaden your cycling horizons, our Off-Road Steady rides are ideal. At a comfortable pace, and possibly with some modest hills along the way, there is barely a metre of tarmac in sight on these rides so come and enjoy the scrunch of gravel and the squelch of mud under your tyres with us! Rides are between 6 and 15 miles long, at a moderate pace of between 7 and 10 miles an hour.
This is a great chance to explore a little used part of the Medlock Valley Country Park. The route starts at Bardsley on the Ashton/Oldham boarder and follows the now disused Manchester to Ashton Under Lyne canal. After passing through Daisy Nook we pick up the Hollinwood branch of the canal, with a spectacular ride across the M60 motorway to Droylsden, before looping round to rejoin the canal for the return ride. A fabulous opportunity to ride in a breathtaking part of the Medlock Valley Country Park with stunning views across the valley to the village of Woodhouses.
Helmets must be worn by all under 18's regardless of ride level.
The minimum age for these rides is 8, there must be no child trailers or child seats, children must be capable of riding within the demands of the off-road specification.
Please bring equipment with you to repair punctures, Ride Leaders are there to help but are not responsible for your bike.
All rides leave at the time stated you must arrive early Ride Leaders will not wait.
- Car Parking
- Yes, at start point, Bardsley Car Park, West side of Oldham Road (A627)
- Nearest Train Station
- Ashton Under Lyne, 2 miles
- Toilet Facilities Available?
- Yes, at John Howarth Visitor centre at Daisy Nook has toilets
Meet the Ride Leaders
- Guy Lowe
- Gerard Broughton