North London Off-road Route
Sunday 11th November at 10.00am This is what time the ride will set off. It’s best to get to the starting point at least 15 minutes beforehand to avoid missing the start.
|Cycling time||Ride distance||Suitable for||Distance from me||Ride level|
|105 Mins||15 Miles||11+ (children 11-15 with adult) Not all rides are suitable for everyone. This will tell you if the ride is suitable for you and/or your friends and family.||? Miles||
Off-Road - Ride Well
- Starting Point & Postcode
- Finsbury Park Cafe, Finsbury Park Hornsey Gate, Endymion Road N4 1EE
- Overall Duration On a long ride, it’s sometimes good to have a little break in the middle, or maybe a catch up at the beginning or end to keep it sociable. This means that the overall ride duration may be longer than the actual cycling time.
- 2 hours 25 mins (1 hours 45 mins cycling)
- Bike Type You probably don’t want to drag your road bike across bumpy trails. Maybe you want to make the most of the suspension on your mountain bike. This helps you match your ride to your bike.
- Hybrid (off road tyres)
Sky Ride Local in London
If you’re fairly confident on your bike on dirt and gravel surfaces and ready to broaden your cycling horizons, our Off-Road Steady rides are ideal. At a comfortable pace, and possibly with some modest hills along the way, there is barely a metre of tarmac in sight on these rides so come and enjoy the scrunch of gravel and the squelch of mud under your tyres with us! Rides are between 6 and 15 miles long, at a moderate pace of between 7 and 10 miles an hour.
A 14 mile route linking together Hampstead Heath, Alexandra Palace and Finsbury Park. Despite its urban location, you'll discover some surprising off-road routes with some fantastic views. It's a circular route, hilly in places and uses a combination of on and off-road paths. There's a cafe stop on the way where you can rest and refuel. Highpoint and highlight of the route is the Grade II listed Alexandra Palace, perched atop a hill with it's iconic TV antenna. Since the 1870s 'Ally Pally' has been used as an exhibition space, concert venue and famously as the home of the BBC from the 1930s.
Helmets must be worn by all under 18's regardless of ride level.
The minimum age for these rides is 11, there must be no child trailers or child seats, the child capable of riding within the demands of the off-road specification.
Please bring equipment with you to repair punctures.
Ride Leaders are there to help but are not responsible for your bike.
All rides leave at the time stated you must arrive early Ride Leaders will not wait.
- Car Parking
- Yes, at Finsbury Park, charges may apply
- Nearest Train Station
- Finsbury Park Station, 0.5 miles
Meet the Ride Leaders
- Uche Madu
- Alastair Fallon
Similar events you might like
|Date/Time||Event Name||Ride Level|
|Sunday 26th May at 11.00am||Central London Four Parks||Easygoing||Read More|
|Sunday 26th May at 11.00am||From the Park to the Pirates||Easygoing||Read More|
|Sunday 26th May at 10.00am||British Heart Foundation Training Ride||Challenging||Read More|