Kirkless Hall to Red Rock
Monday 8th October at 6.00pm This is what time the ride will set off. It’s best to get to the starting point at least 15 minutes beforehand to avoid missing the start.
|Cycling time||Ride distance||Suitable for||Distance from me||Ride level|
|60 Mins||? Miles||Anyone Not all rides are suitable for everyone. This will tell you if the ride is suitable for you and/or your friends and family.||? Miles||
Women and Children Women and Children
- Starting Point & Postcode
- Kirkless Hall Inn, Canal Bank Top Lock, Aspull, Wigan, Lancashire, WN2 1JW Coming far? The nearest train stations are Hindley, Ince-in-Makerfield and Wigan Wallgate approximately 10 – 15 minutes ride away. For more information on train times please visit the National Rail Enquires website. WN2 1JW
- Overall Duration On a long ride, it’s sometimes good to have a little break in the middle, or maybe a catch up at the beginning or end to keep it sociable. This means that the overall ride duration may be longer than the actual cycling time.
- 1 hours 50 mins (1 hours 0 mins cycling)
Breeze Bike Rides in Wigan
This is a 6 mile leisurely ride along the canal towpath starting at Kirkless Hall Inn heading towards Red Rock Lane turning at this point and finishing back at Kirkless Hall Inn. There is no place to get a drink mid way so advisable to bring a drink along but refreshments are available at Kirkless Hall Inn once the ride is finished.
The ride takes along the Leeds Liverpool Canal towpath and is reasonably flat with minimal incline. The path can get a bit rutted and muddy if we have had rain towards the midway turning point but are suitable for mountain bikes and hybrids have tackled this route too. This is a good ride to start out if you haven't ridden for a long time or if you prefer a flat elevation.
Children are welcome but helmets must be worn by under 18's and bikes are not provided. Please bring money if you want to stop for a drink midway and at the end. It is advisable to bring a spare inner tube just in case and a drink for along the way. It would also be useful to have lights as although this is traffic free it is getting darker much earlier especially with the dull weather we are having at present.
- Starting Point
- Kirkless Hall Inn, Canal Bank Top Lock, Aspull, Wigan, Lancashire, WN2 1JW Coming far? The nearest train stations are Hindley, Ince-in-Makerfield and Wigan Wallgate approximately 10 – 15 minutes ride away. For more information on train times please visit the National Rail Enquires website.
- Starting Postcode
- WN2 1JW
Meet the Champions
- Sandra Green