Wandsworth Commuter Ride
Saturday 22nd September at 10.00am This is what time the ride will set off. It’s best to get to the starting point at least 15 minutes beforehand to avoid missing the start.
|Cycling time||Ride distance||Suitable for||Distance from me||Ride level|
|75 Mins||11 Miles||11+ (children 11-15 with adult) Not all rides are suitable for everyone. This will tell you if the ride is suitable for you and/or your friends and family.||? Miles||
0 Free places remaining
- Starting Point & Postcode
- Wandsworth Park (SE Corner next to Northfields) off Putney Bridge Road SW15 2PA
- Overall Duration On a long ride, it’s sometimes good to have a little break in the middle, or maybe a catch up at the beginning or end to keep it sociable. This means that the overall ride duration may be longer than the actual cycling time.
- 1 hours 55 mins (1 hours 15 mins cycling)
- Bike Type You probably don’t want to drag your road bike across bumpy trails. Maybe you want to make the most of the suspension on your mountain bike. This helps you match your ride to your bike.
- Mountain Bike, Hybrid (off road tyres), Hybrid (road tyres), Road
Sky Ride Local in Wandsworth
Tens of thousands of Londoners commute by bike because it is fast, easy and cheap.
If you’ve thought about commuting by bike but are worried about which route to use or the busy traffic why not join British Cycling on one of their ‘Give Commuting a Try’ rides.
Taking place on a Saturday morning, and led by trained British Cycling Ride Leaders, this free organised ride will cycle a typical commuter route into the heart of the city from your borough. The Ride Leaders will not only give you tips and advice on how to ride in busy traffic but also explain how to plan an effective commuter route for yourself.
Working in partnership with Wandsworth Council this ride from is from Wandsworth Park to Westminster Abbey making use of the cycle super highway. The ride is also an opportunity to meet other like-minded people who live near you and possibly find a bike buddy to commute with.
Please remember that the length of this ride is there and back so the commute will only be half that in a morning!
So in true London style ‘don’t be shy come and try!’.
- Car Parking
- Yes, at surrounding local streets, charges may apply
- Nearest Train Station
- Putney Train Station, 0.7 miles
- Toilet Facilities Available?
- Yes, at THERE ARE SOME JUST OUTSIDE THE PARK ON PUTNEY BRIDGE ROAD SW15. THERE ARE ALSO SOME IN BATTERSEA PARK.
Meet the Ride Leaders
- Tony Hopkins
- Hannah Timberlake
Similar events you might like
|Event Name||Date/Time||Ride Level|
|British Heart Foundation Training Ride||Sunday 27th April at 10.00am||Challenging||Read More|
|Bushy Park and Hampton Court Explorer||Sunday 27th April at 2.00pm||Steady||Read More|
|Waterways to Wapping||Sunday 27th April at 10.00am||Steady||Read More|