Lewisham Commuter Ride
Saturday 8th September at 10.00am This is what time the ride will set off. It’s best to get to the starting point at least 15 minutes beforehand to avoid missing the start.
|Cycling time||Ride distance||Suitable for||Distance from me||Ride level|
|85 Mins||13 Miles||11+ (children 11-15 with adult) Not all rides are suitable for everyone. This will tell you if the ride is suitable for you and/or your friends and family.||? Miles||
- Starting Point & Postcode
- Ladywell train station Station approach, Ladywell SE13 7XB
- Overall Duration On a long ride, it’s sometimes good to have a little break in the middle, or maybe a catch up at the beginning or end to keep it sociable. This means that the overall ride duration may be longer than the actual cycling time.
- 2 hours 5 mins (1 hours 25 mins cycling)
- Bike Type You probably don’t want to drag your road bike across bumpy trails. Maybe you want to make the most of the suspension on your mountain bike. This helps you match your ride to your bike.
Sky Ride Local in Lewisham
Tens of thousands of Londoners commute by bike because it is fast, easy and cheap.
If you’ve thought about commuting by bike but are worried about which route to use or the busy traffic why not join British Cycling on one of their ‘Give Commuting a Try’ rides.
Taking place on a Sunday morning, and led by trained British Cycling Ride Leaders, this free organised ride will cycle a typical commuter route into the heart of the city from your borough. The Ride Leaders will not only give you tips and advice on how to ride in busy traffic but also explain how to plan an effective commuter route for yourself.
Working in partnership with Lewisham Council this ride from is from Ladywell in the centre of the borough to London Bridge. The ride is also an opportunity to meet other like-minded people who live near you and possibly find a bike buddy to commute with.
Please remember that the length of this ride is there and back so the commute will only be half that in a morning!
So in true London style ‘don’t be shy come and try!’.
- Car Parking
- Yes, at surrounding streets, charges may apply
- Nearest Train Station
- Start Point, Ladywell Station
Meet the Ride Leaders
- Gregory Trahar
- Teresa Griffith
Similar events you might like
|Date/Time||Event Name||Ride Level|
|Sunday 26th May at 11.00am||Central London Four Parks||Easygoing||Read More|
|Sunday 26th May at 10.00am||British Heart Foundation Training Ride||Challenging||Read More|
|Sunday 26th May at 11.00am||From the Park to the Pirates||Easygoing||Read More|