Stopsley -Welwyn - Stopsley 1/2 day ride out
Saturday 18th January at 10.00am This is what time the ride will set off. It’s best to get to the starting point at least 15 minutes beforehand to avoid missing the start.
|Cycling time||Ride distance||Suitable for||Distance from me||Ride level|
|200 Mins||35 Miles||Anyone Not all rides are suitable for everyone. This will tell you if the ride is suitable for you and/or your friends and family.||? Miles||
Challenging You don’t have to be the next Bradley Wiggins, but you’ll need to be fairly fit to take part in Challenging ride. As well as covering a good distance, there may well be a few hills along the way! If you fancy a fresh challenge, these rides are perfect for you.
0 Free places remaining
- Starting Point & Postcode
- On Pavement outside Sacred Heart Church, Ashcroft Road Luton LU2 9AY
- Overall Duration On a long ride, it’s sometimes good to have a little break in the middle, or maybe a catch up at the beginning or end to keep it sociable. This means that the overall ride duration may be longer than the actual cycling time.
- 3 hours 50 mins (3 hours 20 mins cycling)
- Bike Type You probably don’t want to drag your road bike across bumpy trails. Maybe you want to make the most of the suspension on your mountain bike. This helps you match your ride to your bike.
- Mountain Bike, Hybrid (off road tyres), Hybrid (road tyres), Road
- Group Name
- Stopsley Cycle Group
- Age Restrictions Not all rides are suitable for everyone. This will tell you if the ride is suitable for you and/or your friends and family.
Social Cycling Groups in Luton
Starting from The Sacred Heart in Stopsley, riding out to Offley and onto the country lanes through the rolling countryside of Hertfordshire to Welwyn.
Stopping for a Tea stop in Welwyn (so take some cash for refreshments)and heading back through the lanes via Codicot, Kimpton Peters Green and around the back of the Airport to Tea Green and back into Stopsley. This will take about 3 hours. Please make sure you are equipped for any en route repairs and the weather. Speed will be about 14 MPH average. Bikes must be suitable for the ride with plenty of gears and good tyres and breaks.I take no responsibility for any individual on the ride, their kit or well being. Please note adults only. Please wear a helmet whilst cycling and use lights when applicable. You must abide by the guidelines within the guidelines for publishing a ride at all times. Best take a mobile phone too. If it works out OK I will do this regularly, at least once a month.
- Starting Point
- On Pavement outside Sacred Heart Church, Ashcroft Road Luton
- Starting Postcode
- LU2 9AY
This ride has been organised by a member of the public and British Cycling and Sky take no responsibility for the quality of the experience, please refer to the Terms and Conditions for more details.
Similar events you might like
|Event Name||Date/Time||Ride Level|
|Five Mile to Fabulous - Welwyn||Saturday 26th April at 12.00am||Anyone||Read More|
|Edgware CTC - Old Windsor - Cookham - Rickmansworth||Sunday 27th April at 8.35am||Anyone||Read More|
|Wembley Space 4 Cycling Schools & Parks Safari||Saturday 26th April at 2.00pm||Anyone||Read More|