From Ferry to Iron Men
Friday 31st January at 9.30am This is what time the ride will set off. It’s best to get to the starting point at least 15 minutes beforehand to avoid missing the start.
|Cycling time||Ride distance||Suitable for||Distance from me||Ride level|
|120 Mins||15 Miles||Women only Not all rides are suitable for everyone. This will tell you if the ride is suitable for you and/or your friends and family.||? Miles||
Steady If you’re fairly confident on your bike and ready to broaden your cycling horizons, Steady rides are ideal. At a comfortable pace, and possibly with some modest hills along the way, rides take place on mainly quiet roads with plenty of sights along the way.
0 Free places remaining
- Starting Point & Postcode
- 1st Pick up point 9.20am for the 9.40am ferry- Seacombe Ferry Terminal, Victoria Place, Seacombe, Wallasey, Wirral, Merseyside, CH44 6QY OR 2nd Pick up point 9.50am - Liverpool Pier Head Ferry Terminal, Pier Head, Georges Parade, Liverpool, L3 1DP CH44 6QY
- Overall Duration On a long ride, it’s sometimes good to have a little break in the middle, or maybe a catch up at the beginning or end to keep it sociable. This means that the overall ride duration may be longer than the actual cycling time.
- 2 hours 40 mins (2 hours 0 mins cycling)
Breeze Bike Rides in Liverpool
For those of you coming from the Wirral and surronding areas, we shall meet at the Seacombe Ferry Terminal at 9.20am, the ferry leaves at 9.40am and we need to be on this to pick up the rest of the group at the Pier Head at 9.50am. The best value ticket is a saveaway (cost £4.80 return) and we can purchase these at the terminal.
Today our ride will take us from the Liverpool Pier Head to the Famous Anthony Gormley statues in Crosby. Ther ride will take us along the Canal path of the Leeds to Liverpool canal, through the Meadow Fields Park and onto Crosby.
Another Place consists of 100 cast-iron, life-size figures spread out along three kilometers of the foreshore, stretching almost one kilometre out to sea. The Another Place figures - each one weighing 650 kilos - are made from casts of the artist's own body and are shown at different stages of rising out of the sand, all of them looking out to sea, staring at the horizon in silent expectation.
The work is seen as a poetic response to the individual and universal sentiments associated with emigration - sadness at leaving, but the hope of a new future in another place. The artwork was previously displayed in Cruxhaven in Germany, Stavanger in Norway and De Panne in Belgium. In November 2006 the statues were expected to move to New York but it was later decided that they would remain on Crosby beach.
The canal path is all flat but we will for most of it travel in single file (all together as a group) and takes us all the way from the city centre to Crosby.
There are a couple of places to eat and get a warm drink in Crosby.
If you need to ask any questions please call me on 07729 114055 or email me at Breeze.firstname.lastname@example.org
Wearing a helmet is advisable; if you don’t have one please do not to worry you can still take part. If you enjoy the bike ride and would like to come again perhaps you could look to buy one then.
Look forward to seeing you there!
- Starting Point
- 1st Pick up point 9.20am for the 9.40am ferry- Seacombe Ferry Terminal, Victoria Place, Seacombe, Wallasey, Wirral, Merseyside, CH44 6QY OR 2nd Pick up point 9.50am - Liverpool Pier Head Ferry Terminal, Pier Head, Georges Parade, Liverpool, L3 1DP
- Starting Postcode
- CH44 6QY
Meet the Champions
- Sara Braidwood
Similar events you might like
|Event Name||Date/Time||Ride Level|
|The Marina Pootle||Thursday 24th April at 1.00pm||Women Only||Read More|
|Evening Ride Along the Liverpool Prom from Otterspool||Wednesday 30th April at 5.30pm||Women Only||Read More|
|Lighter Nights are Coming - Crosby Coastal Ride||Wednesday 30th April at 6.45pm||Women Only||Read More|