Clapham Common to Westminster and back via Battersea Park
Friday 17th January at 10.00am This is what time the ride will set off. It’s best to get to the starting point at least 15 minutes beforehand to avoid missing the start.
|Cycling time||Ride distance||Suitable for||Distance from me||Ride level|
|90 Mins||10 Miles||Women only Not all rides are suitable for everyone. This will tell you if the ride is suitable for you and/or your friends and family.||? Miles||
Steady If you’re fairly confident on your bike and ready to broaden your cycling horizons, Steady rides are ideal. At a comfortable pace, and possibly with some modest hills along the way, rides take place on mainly quiet roads with plenty of sights along the way.
- Starting Point & Postcode
- Clapham Common Bandstand, Clapham Common, London Borough of Lambeth, SW4 7AJ Nearest underground service - Clapham Common, Clapham North and Oval (Northern Line) and Stockwell (Northern and Victoria Lines). Nearest Barclays Cycle Hire docking stations are: Kennington Oval and Kennington Road Post Office. SW4 7AJ
- Overall Duration On a long ride, it’s sometimes good to have a little break in the middle, or maybe a catch up at the beginning or end to keep it sociable. This means that the overall ride duration may be longer than the actual cycling time.
- 1 hours 30 mins (1 hours 30 mins cycling)
Breeze Bike Rides in Lambeth
A ride along quiet back roads (Sustrans London Cycle Route 3) through Clapham, Vauxhall and Kennington - a constantly changing urban landscape - emerging on to the Embankment at Lambeth Bridge. Great views of Parliament and the London Eye as we walk our bikes over Lambeth Bridge, then head back through quiet Westminster streets along the north bank of the Thames, past Tate Britain and Dolphin Square.
Lots of river views on the final section of the ride along the shared cycle/pedestrian path on the Chelsea Embankment, before crossing over to the south bank of the river on London's prettiest bridge - the Albert Bridge. We then do a traffic free circuit of Battersea Park and return to Clapham Common for our cafe stop at the Bandstand Cafe.
This ride is all on tarmac, so suitable for all types of bike, including road bikes.
We'll look forward to seeing you there!
Jill and Michelle
Clapham Common Bandstand, Clapham Common, London Borough of Lambeth, SW4 7AJ
- Starting Point
- Clapham Common Bandstand, Clapham Common, London Borough of Lambeth, SW4 7AJ Nearest underground service - Clapham Common, Clapham North and Oval (Northern Line) and Stockwell (Northern and Victoria Lines). Nearest Barclays Cycle Hire docking stations are: Kennington Oval and Kennington Road Post Office.
- Starting Postcode
- SW4 7AJ
Meet the Champions
- Jill Dicker-Solderer
Similar events you might like
|Event Name||Date/Time||Ride Level|
|Pootle around Hyde Park||Saturday 15th March at 10.00pm||Women and Children||Read More|
|The Wandle Trail to Morden Hall Park||Friday 14th March at 9.45am||Women Only||Read More|
|Beginners Pootle around the Parks and Canals||Saturday 15th March at 9.00am||Women Only||Read More|