Dover "DARK" Rover Halloween Ride Part Deux
Thursday 31st October at 6.30pm This is what time the ride will set off. It’s best to get to the starting point at least 15 minutes beforehand to avoid missing the start.
|Cycling time||Ride distance||Suitable for||Distance from me||Ride level|
|90 Mins||8 Miles||Women and children Not all rides are suitable for everyone. This will tell you if the ride is suitable for you and/or your friends and family.||? Miles||
Steady If you’re fairly confident on your bike and ready to broaden your cycling horizons, Steady rides are ideal. At a comfortable pace, and possibly with some modest hills along the way, rides take place on mainly quiet roads with plenty of sights along the way.
- Starting Point & Postcode
- Canal Side near Bottom Lock. Nearest postal address is Wood's Street, Wigan (off Caroline Street), the post code below should take you near to the carpark by the canal and Trencherfield Mill. WN3 4ET WN3 4ET
- Overall Duration On a long ride, it’s sometimes good to have a little break in the middle, or maybe a catch up at the beginning or end to keep it sociable. This means that the overall ride duration may be longer than the actual cycling time.
- 2 hours 30 mins (1 hours 30 mins cycling)
Breeze Bike Rides in Wigan
Join us for this traffic free canal side ride starting from Wigan Pier's bottom lock taking you the delights of Leeds Liverpool Canal until you reach Dover Lock. The total ride is approximately 8 miles and is suitable for all types of bikes as the paths are imprinted concrete or recently laid compacted gravel. However, this ride is not suitable for any bikes with stabilisers or trailers.
As is the tradition of Breeze Wigan this will be the Halloween ride where dressing up as witches, ghouls, goblins, skeletons and all things scary.
Why not come along to this leisurely paced cycle along traffic free cycle paths and canal towpaths is approximately 8 miles in total. This bike ride goes along cycle paths/canal towpaths/quiet roads and whilst it is suitable for hybrids and mountain bikes there are some sections of the canal which may have experienced rain so we might encounter few bumps and puddles along the way.
Most of the canal path is flat with a couple of climbs and lock gates to navigate along the way so suitable for women and children who are able to cycle along the canal. We will have a refreshment stop at Dover Lock. Please bring some money if you would like to purchase food or drinks.
It's advised to wear a helmet but all children MUST wear a helmet or they will be unable to take part. Make sure you wear suitable clothing, have a set of lights that are working and bring a spare inner tube just in case of punctures.
Please log on www.breezebikerides.com and register on the ride to secure a place
Any questions contact via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information on rides near you please see our North West Facebook pages:
- Starting Point
- Canal Side near Bottom Lock. Nearest postal address is Wood's Street, Wigan (off Caroline Street), the post code below should take you near to the carpark by the canal and Trencherfield Mill. WN3 4ET
- Starting Postcode
- WN3 4ET
Meet the Champions
- Louise Head
- Joanne Kinnear
- Sandra Green
Similar events you might like
|Event Name||Date/Time||Ride Level|
|Trencherfield Haigh Heights||Saturday 7th December at 10.00am||Women Only||Read More|
|Haigh "Christmas" Heights||Saturday 14th December at 2.00pm||Women and Children||Read More|
|Stocky to Arley loop||Saturday 7th December at 11.30am||Women Only||Read More|