Quorn Arts and Crafts Fair
Sunday 1st December at 10.00am This is what time the ride will set off. It’s best to get to the starting point at least 15 minutes beforehand to avoid missing the start.
|Cycling time||Ride distance||Suitable for||Distance from me||Ride level|
|120 Mins||22 Miles||8+ (children 8-15 with adult) Not all rides are suitable for everyone. This will tell you if the ride is suitable for you and/or your friends and family.||? Miles||
Challenging You don’t have to be the next Bradley Wiggins, but you’ll need to be fairly fit to take part in Challenging ride. As well as covering a good distance, there may well be a few hills along the way! If you fancy a fresh challenge, these rides are perfect for you.
0 Free places remaining
- Starting Point & Postcode
- The Bike Park Town Hall Square LE1 9BG
- Overall Duration On a long ride, it’s sometimes good to have a little break in the middle, or maybe a catch up at the beginning or end to keep it sociable. This means that the overall ride duration may be longer than the actual cycling time.
- 3 hours 40 mins (2 hours 0 mins cycling)
- Bike Type You probably don’t want to drag your road bike across bumpy trails. Maybe you want to make the most of the suspension on your mountain bike. This helps you match your ride to your bike.
- Mountain Bike, Hybrid (off road tyres), Hybrid (road tyres), Road
Sky Ride Local in Leicester
You don’t have to be the next Bradley Wiggins, but you’ll need to know your way around a bike and be fairly fit to take part in our Challenging rides. If you’re comfortable riding with other people and fancy a fresh challenge, these rides are perfect for you. They start at around twenty miles long, and are paced at between 11 and 12 miles an hour.
Come and join us for this Christmas jaunt out to the annual Quorn Arts & Craft Fair. Starting out from the Bike Park we will head out through Abbey Park before connecting up with the NCN6 and heading out to Quorn past Leicester Abbey and the National Space Centre.
When we reach Quorn we will have the opportunity to mooch around the 4 venues around the village where the fair is being held. You will be able to browse over 50 stalls to help you find the elusive Christmas present you’ve been looking for!
On our way back we will return using NCN 6 before joining up with NCN 48 for a spin through Watermead Country Park and then along the River Soar before arriving at the Bike Park.
Please note. We have graded this ride as a Steady (8+) as it is designed as an outing rather than just a ride, although the distance of 22 miles would normally classify it as a Challenging ride.
Helmets must be worn by all under 18's regardless of ride level.
Please bring equipment with you to repair punctures, Ride Leaders are there to help but are not responsible for your bike.
All rides leave at the time stated you must arrive early Ride Leaders will not wait.
- Car Parking
- Yes, at the NCP on Rutland Street and on street bays in the area.
- Nearest Train Station
- Leicester Train Station 0.5 miles
- Toilet Facilities Available?
- Yes, at at various café's close to the Bike Park
Meet the Ride Leaders
- David Kirkland
- Christopher Chambers
- Linda Goddard
Similar events you might like
|Event Name||Date/Time||Ride Level|
|Foxton Wave Rider||Sunday 4th May at 10.00am||Challenging||Read More|
|The Riverside Corridor Ride||Sunday 4th May at 2.00pm||Easygoing||Read More|
|Aylestone Meadows, The Rally and Stokeswood Park||Sunday 11th May at 10.00am||Steady (8+)||Read More|