SEN Schools Sky Ride Local
Tuesday 8th October at 11.00am This is what time the ride will set off. It’s best to get to the starting point at least 15 minutes beforehand to avoid missing the start.
|Cycling time||Ride distance||Suitable for||Distance from me||Ride level|
|30 Mins||1 Miles||Anyone Not all rides are suitable for everyone. This will tell you if the ride is suitable for you and/or your friends and family.||? Miles||
Easygoing Not cycled for a while and looking for an easy way to get back in the saddle? Fancy a fun way to get your friends or kids riding? Easygoing rides are great for all abilities and ages, taking place along relaxed, mostly traffic-free routes.
0 Free places remaining
- Starting Point & Postcode
- Meet outside the front of York Sports Village Lakeside Way YO10 5FG
- Overall Duration On a long ride, it’s sometimes good to have a little break in the middle, or maybe a catch up at the beginning or end to keep it sociable. This means that the overall ride duration may be longer than the actual cycling time.
- 1 hours 0 mins (30 mins cycling)
- Bike Type You probably don’t want to drag your road bike across bumpy trails. Maybe you want to make the most of the suspension on your mountain bike. This helps you match your ride to your bike.
- Mountain Bike, Hybrid (off road tyres), Hybrid (road tyres), Road
Sky Ride Local in York
Not cycled for a while and looking for an easy way to get back in the saddle? Fancy a fun way to get your friends or kids riding? Our Easygoing rides are great for building confidence for all abilities and ages along relaxed, mostly traffic-free routes. They’re up to six miles long, with a gentle pace of around six miles an hour.
York Sport Cycling is proud to introduce their new 1km Traffic Free Cycle Circuit! Come and join us for a few laps around this great new cycling facility, located next to the York Sport Village it is the perfect facility for all cyclists. There is no better place to come and get a traffic-free ride on a purpose-built cycle circuit to help improve your confidence on a bike. At just over 0.7 miles a lap you will never be too far from the start, which is perfect for people looking to get back on a bike after a break or practise their cycling having only just learnt to ride.
These rides are also intended to be accessible for people with a disability, a range of adapted bikes will be available for use on the day.
If you would like to hire an adapted bike to participate in this ride (a limited number will be available for free at the ride) please contact Get Cycling on www.getcyclingyork.org.uk/special-needs.php or 01904 636812
If you have a disability and would like to hire some personnel help and support to be able to participate in this ride please contact GOGET on www.goget.org.uk or 07917 355293
Helmets must be worn by all under 18's regardless of ride level.
All ages are welcome. Those under the age of 5 must be in a BSA approved child seat, trailer or tag-a-long.
Please make sure your bike is in good working order, Ride Leaders are there to help but are not responsible for your bike.
All rides leave at the time stated, you must arrive early Ride Leaders will not wait.
- Car Parking
- Yes, at York Sports Village
- Nearest Train Station
- York Train Centre, 2.9 miles.
- Changing Facilities Available?
- Yes, at Changing rooms are available inside the sports village
- Toilet Facilities Available?
- Yes, at Toilets are inside the sports village and next to the track
Meet the Ride Leaders
- Gregory Hayward
- Helen Roe
- Andy Roe
- Peter Hobson
Rider Comments on the Route
Brilliant day, thanks to the ride leaders and team down at the circuit.
Similar events you might like
|Event Name||Date/Time||Ride Level|
|Goddards to Beningbrough Hall and Back||Sunday 11th May at 10.00am||Challenging||Read More|
|Adventure to Fountains Abbey, Brimham Rocks and Back||Sunday 18th May at 10.00am||Challenging||Read More|
|Guisborough Rambler||Sunday 4th May at 10.00am||Steady (8+)||Read More|