Science in the Saddle
Wednesday 16th October at 10.00am This is what time the ride will set off. It’s best to get to the starting point at least 15 minutes beforehand to avoid missing the start.
|Cycling time||Ride distance||Suitable for||Distance from me||Ride level|
|360 Mins||14 Miles||Anyone Not all rides are suitable for everyone. This will tell you if the ride is suitable for you and/or your friends and family.||? Miles||
Steady If you’re fairly confident on your bike and ready to broaden your cycling horizons, Steady rides are ideal. At a comfortable pace, and possibly with some modest hills along the way, rides take place on mainly quiet roads with plenty of sights along the way.
Unlimited places available
- Starting Point & Postcode
- The ride will start and finish at The Roslin Institute building on the University of Edinburgh’s Easter Bush campus EH25 9RG
- Overall Duration On a long ride, it’s sometimes good to have a little break in the middle, or maybe a catch up at the beginning or end to keep it sociable. This means that the overall ride duration may be longer than the actual cycling time.
- 6 hours 0 mins (6 hours 0 mins cycling)
- Bike Type You probably don’t want to drag your road bike across bumpy trails. Maybe you want to make the most of the suspension on your mountain bike. This helps you match your ride to your bike.
- Mountain Bike, Hybrid (off road tyres), Hybrid (road tyres), Road
- Age Restrictions Not all rides are suitable for everyone. This will tell you if the ride is suitable for you and/or your friends and family.
Social Cycling Groups in Midlothian
Join rangers from the Midlothian Ranger Service and scientists from The Roslin Institute on this 13.5 mile cycle ride through the countryside around the University of Edinburgh’s Easter Bush campus.
The route will include various points of local interest and there will be opportunities to hear from the scientists about their work to improve the health of animals both in the UK and beyond.
The ride will start and finish at The Roslin Institute building on the University of Edinburgh’s Easter Bush campus and we recommend that you bringing a packed lunch and any other food and drink you might need during the ride. Light refreshments will be available at The Roslin Institute at the end of the ride.
Call the Midlothian Ranger Service on 01875 821716 to book a place.
- Starting Point
- The ride will start and finish at The Roslin Institute building on the University of Edinburgh’s Easter Bush campus
- Starting Postcode
- EH25 9RG
This ride has been organised by a member of the public and British Cycling and Sky take no responsibility for the quality of the experience, please refer to the Terms and Conditions for more details.
Similar events you might like
|Event Name||Date/Time||Ride Level|
|Glasgow Elim Christian cycle group||Monday 28th April at 6.15pm||Anyone||Read More|
|Glasgow Elim Christian cycle group||Monday 5th May at 6.15pm||Anyone||Read More|
|Glasgow Elim Christian cycle group||Monday 12th May at 6.15pm||Anyone||Read More|