Clapham Common to Westminster and back via Battersea Park
Monday 30th September at 10.00am This is what time the ride will set off. It’s best to get to the starting point at least 15 minutes beforehand to avoid missing the start.
|Cycling time||Ride distance||Suitable for||Distance from me||Ride level|
|90 Mins||10 Miles||Women only Not all rides are suitable for everyone. This will tell you if the ride is suitable for you and/or your friends and family.||? Miles||
Steady If you’re fairly confident on your bike and ready to broaden your cycling horizons, Steady rides are ideal. At a comfortable pace, and possibly with some modest hills along the way, rides take place on mainly quiet roads with plenty of sights along the way.
- Starting Point & Postcode
- Clapham Common Bandstand, Clapham Common, London Borough of Lambeth, SW4 7AJ Nearest underground service - Clapham Common, Clapham North and Oval (Northern Line) and Stockwell (Northern and Victoria Lines). Nearest Barclays Cycle Hire docking stations are: Kennington Oval and Kennington Road Post Office. SW4 7AJ
- Overall Duration On a long ride, it’s sometimes good to have a little break in the middle, or maybe a catch up at the beginning or end to keep it sociable. This means that the overall ride duration may be longer than the actual cycling time.
- 1 hours 30 mins (1 hours 30 mins cycling)
Breeze Bike Rides in Wandsworth
A ride along quiet back roads (Sustrans London Cycle Route 3) through Clapham, Vauxhall and Kennington - a constantly changing urban landscape - emerging on to the Embankment at Lambeth Bridge. Great views of Parliament and the London Eye as we walk our bikes over Lambeth Bridge, then head back through quiet Westminster streets along the north bank of the Thames, past Tate Britain and Dolphin Square.
Lots of river views on the final section of the ride along the shared cycle/pedestrian path on the Chelsea Embankment, before crossing over to the south bank of the river on London's prettiest bridge - the Albert Bridge. We then do a traffic free circuit of Battersea Park and return to Clapham Common for our cafe stop at the Bandstand Cafe.
This ride is all on tarmac, so suitable for all types of bike, including road bikes. Approx 10.5 miles
We'll look forward to seeing you there!
Don’t forget…. Breeze are on a mission to spread the word about their rides, and need your help. If you introduce one friend who goes on to take part in a Breeze ride, you’ll receive a Breeze water bottle, introduce a second friend, you’ll be the proud owner of one of their swish Breeze Buffs, and introduce a third friend and Breeze will send you £15 of Love2Shop vouchers. Read the article on the homepage for more information.
- Starting Point
- Clapham Common Bandstand, Clapham Common, London Borough of Lambeth, SW4 7AJ Nearest underground service - Clapham Common, Clapham North and Oval (Northern Line) and Stockwell (Northern and Victoria Lines). Nearest Barclays Cycle Hire docking stations are: Kennington Oval and Kennington Road Post Office.
- Starting Postcode
- SW4 7AJ
Meet the Champions
- Michelle Miller
- Georgina Busch
Similar events you might like
|Event Name||Date/Time||Ride Level|
|Breeze in the Park - Richmond Park (Tamsin Trail)||Saturday 8th March at 10.00am||Women and Children||Read More|
|The Wandle Trail to Morden Hall Park||Friday 14th March at 9.45am||Women Only||Read More|
|International Women’s Day Ride||Saturday 8th March at 10.00am||Women Only||Read More|