Clapham Common, Brockwell Park and Dulwich
Monday 23rd September at 10.00am This is what time the ride will set off. It’s best to get to the starting point at least 15 minutes beforehand to avoid missing the start.
|Cycling time||Ride distance||Suitable for||Distance from me||Ride level|
|80 Mins||10 Miles||Women only Not all rides are suitable for everyone. This will tell you if the ride is suitable for you and/or your friends and family.||? Miles||
Steady If you’re fairly confident on your bike and ready to broaden your cycling horizons, Steady rides are ideal. At a comfortable pace, and possibly with some modest hills along the way, rides take place on mainly quiet roads with plenty of sights along the way.
- Starting Point & Postcode
- Clapham Common Bandstand, Clapham Common, London Borough of Lambeth, SW4 7AJ Nearest underground service - Clapham Common, Clapham North and Oval (Northern Line) and Stockwell (Northern and Victoria Lines). Nearest Barclays Cycle Hire docking stations are: Kennington Oval and Kennington Road Post Office. SW4 7AJ
- Overall Duration On a long ride, it’s sometimes good to have a little break in the middle, or maybe a catch up at the beginning or end to keep it sociable. This means that the overall ride duration may be longer than the actual cycling time.
- 1 hours 20 mins (1 hours 20 mins cycling)
Breeze Bike Rides in Lambeth
This is a pretty ride starting on Clapham Common, then via quiet residential streets to Brockwell and Dulwich Parks, where we can enjoy some traffic-free cycling. There are great views over London from the top of the hill in Brockwell Park. We’ll head back to Clapham Common for our end of ride coffee at the Bandstand Cafe.
There are two gradients along the way, but nothing very strenuous. The ride is all on tarmac so suitable for road as well as hybrid bikes, although need to take care with some potholes in Brockwell Park.
Newcomers to Breeze rides are very welcome, don't worry if you don't know anyone, we're a friendly bunch. Dress appropriately for the weather: in cool weather it's good to wear lots of thin layers, so you can add/remove them as needed; a rain jacket is a good idea too
Wearing a helmet is advisable; if you don’t have one please do not to worry you can still take part. If you enjoy the bike ride and would like to come again perhaps you could look to buy one then.
Please bring some money if you want to buy refreshments.
Look forward to seeing you there!
- Starting Point
- Clapham Common Bandstand, Clapham Common, London Borough of Lambeth, SW4 7AJ Nearest underground service - Clapham Common, Clapham North and Oval (Northern Line) and Stockwell (Northern and Victoria Lines). Nearest Barclays Cycle Hire docking stations are: Kennington Oval and Kennington Road Post Office.
- Starting Postcode
- SW4 7AJ
Meet the Champions
- Michelle Miller
- Georgina Busch
Similar events you might like
|Event Name||Date/Time||Ride Level|
|The Wandle Trail to Morden Hall Park||Friday 14th March at 9.45am||Women Only||Read More|
|Pootle around Hyde Park||Saturday 15th March at 10.00pm||Women and Children||Read More|
|Beginners Pootle around the Parks and Canals||Saturday 15th March at 9.00am||Women Only||Read More|