Billinge, Buncer and Beyond
Tuesday 17th September at 10.00am This is what time the ride will set off. It’s best to get to the starting point at least 15 minutes beforehand to avoid missing the start.
|Cycling time||Ride distance||Suitable for||Distance from me||Ride level|
|45 Mins||6 Miles||Anyone Not all rides are suitable for everyone. This will tell you if the ride is suitable for you and/or your friends and family.||? Miles||
Steady If you’re fairly confident on your bike and ready to broaden your cycling horizons, Steady rides are ideal. At a comfortable pace, and possibly with some modest hills along the way, rides take place on mainly quiet roads with plenty of sights along the way.
Blackburn with Darwen
- Starting Point & Postcode
- Witton Park Pavilion, Witton Park Preston Old Road BB2 2TP
- Overall Duration On a long ride, it’s sometimes good to have a little break in the middle, or maybe a catch up at the beginning or end to keep it sociable. This means that the overall ride duration may be longer than the actual cycling time.
- 1 hours 25 mins (45 mins cycling)
- Bike Type You probably don’t want to drag your road bike across bumpy trails. Maybe you want to make the most of the suspension on your mountain bike. This helps you match your ride to your bike.
- Hybrid (off road tyres)
Sky Ride Local in Blackburn with Darwen
If you’re fairly confident on your bike and ready to broaden your cycling horizons, our Steady rides are ideal. At a comfortable pace, and possibly with some modest hills along the way, rides take place on mainly quiet roads with plenty of sights along the way. Rides are between 6 and 20 miles long, at a moderate pace of between 7 and 10 miles an hour.
Join us on this five and a bit mile circular route from Witton Park, through the surrounding countryside and town along quiet lanes, tracks, suburban roads and canal banks. The route is mainly surfaced roads and paths, taking in the tow path and a track. A great way to take your riding a bit further and see more of the great cycling Blackburn has to offer. There is also range of facilities at the park at the end of our ride.
Helmets must be worn by all under 18's regardless of ride level.
Please make sure your bike is in good working order and bring equipment with you to repair punctures, Ride Leaders are there to help but are not responsible for your bike.
All rides leave at the time stated you must arrive early Ride Leaders will not wait.
Children under the age of 5 must be in a BSA approved child seat, trailer or tag-a-long.
- Car Parking
- Yes, at entrance to the park off Preston Old Road
- Nearest Train Station
- Mill Hill, 1.5 miles
- Toilet Facilities Available?
- Yes, at the Whitton Park Pavilion
Meet the Ride Leaders
- Matthew Hinchley
- Christopher Edwards
Similar events you might like
|Event Name||Date/Time||Ride Level|
|Spring Series 2014 - The Big Tour||Sunday 16th March at 10.00am||Challenging||Read More|
|Spring Series 2014 - Trans Pennine Trail: A Route to Lymm||Sunday 23rd March at 10.00am||Challenging||Read More|
|Spring Series 2014 - Follow the Old Brick Road||Sunday 16th March at 10.00am||Challenging||Read More|