Delamere Forest Bike Ride
Thursday 31st October at 10.00am This is what time the ride will set off. It’s best to get to the starting point at least 15 minutes beforehand to avoid missing the start.
|Cycling time||Ride distance||Suitable for||Distance from me||Ride level|
|45 Mins||7 Miles||Women only Not all rides are suitable for everyone. This will tell you if the ride is suitable for you and/or your friends and family.||? Miles||
Steady If you’re fairly confident on your bike and ready to broaden your cycling horizons, Steady rides are ideal. At a comfortable pace, and possibly with some modest hills along the way, rides take place on mainly quiet roads with plenty of sights along the way.
Cheshire West and Chester
- Starting Point & Postcode
- Delamere Forest Visitor Centre, Linmere, Delamere, Cheshire, CW8 2JD Parking at the Visitor Centre is Pay and Display. For those travelling by train Delamere Station is 5 minutes ride from the Visitor Centre. For information on train times see National Rail Enquiries. CW8 2JD
- Overall Duration On a long ride, it’s sometimes good to have a little break in the middle, or maybe a catch up at the beginning or end to keep it sociable. This means that the overall ride duration may be longer than the actual cycling time.
- 1 hours 15 mins (45 mins cycling)
Breeze Bike Rides in Cheshire West and Chester
This is a 7 mile ride following the Waymarked Trail called The Whitemoor trail in Delamere Forest. It is fairly flat riding on good forestry tracks. It will be a social ride at a moderate pace. There will be the option to ride up the Old Palehill at the end or to go straight to the cafe. There is a cafe next door to the Visitor Centre at Linmere, so bring some money for post-ride tea and cake.
You will enjoy this ride more if you have either a hybrid or mountain bike.Don’t have a bike but would like to join us? Bike Hire is available at a Breeze rate from Tracs UK at the Linmere Visitor Centre. For more information see their website, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07949 088 477.
Parking at the Visitor Centre is Pay and Display, or those travelling by train Delamere Station is 5 minutes ride from the Visitor Centre. For information on train times see National Rail Enquiries.
I look forward to seeing you there!
Don’t forget…. Breeze are on a mission to spread the word about their rides, and need your help. If you introduce one friend who goes on to take part in a Breeze ride, you’ll receive a Breeze water bottle, introduce a second friend, you’ll be the proud owner of one of their swish Breeze Buffs, and introduce a third friend and Breeze will send you £15 of Love2Shop vouchers. Read the article on the homepage for more information.
Helmets must be worn by anyone under 18 years, and it is recommended for all others too. Dress appropriately for the weather: in cool weather it's good to wear lots of thin layers, so you can add/remove them as needed; a rain jacket is a good idea too.
Please bring along equipment to fix a puncture - ride leaders will try and help you out, but are not responsible for your bike.
Breeze really welcomes new riders, bring a friend or come on your own - don't worry if you don't know anyone, we're a friendly bunch.
- Starting Point
- Delamere Forest Visitor Centre, Linmere, Delamere, Cheshire, CW8 2JD Parking at the Visitor Centre is Pay and Display. For those travelling by train Delamere Station is 5 minutes ride from the Visitor Centre. For information on train times see National Rail Enquiries.
- Starting Postcode
- CW8 2JD
Meet the Champions
- Claire O'Brien
Similar events you might like
|Event Name||Date/Time||Ride Level|
|Christmas ride to Beeston Castle & The Ice Cream Farm||Saturday 14th December at 10.30am||Women Only||Read More|
|Christmas Lunch on the Burton Marshes||Friday 20th December at 11.00am||Women and Children||Read More|
|Wirral Bicycle Belles||Saturday 21st December at 10.00am||Women Only||Read More|