Scunthorpe Village Hop (AGES 11+)
Saturday 21st September at 10.00am This is what time the ride will set off. It’s best to get to the starting point at least 15 minutes beforehand to avoid missing the start.
|Cycling time||Ride distance||Suitable for||Distance from me||Ride level|
|120 Mins||19 Miles||Anyone Not all rides are suitable for everyone. This will tell you if the ride is suitable for you and/or your friends and family.||? Miles||
Steady If you’re fairly confident on your bike and ready to broaden your cycling horizons, Steady rides are ideal. At a comfortable pace, and possibly with some modest hills along the way, rides take place on mainly quiet roads with plenty of sights along the way.
0 Free places remaining
- Starting Point & Postcode
- The Pods, Ashby Road Scunthorpe. DN16 1AA
- Overall Duration On a long ride, it’s sometimes good to have a little break in the middle, or maybe a catch up at the beginning or end to keep it sociable. This means that the overall ride duration may be longer than the actual cycling time.
- 2 hours 40 mins (2 hours 0 mins cycling)
- Bike Type You probably don’t want to drag your road bike across bumpy trails. Maybe you want to make the most of the suspension on your mountain bike. This helps you match your ride to your bike.
- Mountain Bike, Hybrid (off road tyres), Hybrid (road tyres), Road
- Group Name
- Northern Lincolnshire Free Wheelers
- Age Restrictions Not all rides are suitable for everyone. This will tell you if the ride is suitable for you and/or your friends and family.
Social Cycling Groups in North Lincolnshire
A nice steady ride along relatively flat roads. We head out left from The Pods on Ashby Road and along Oswald Road and Frodingham Road turning right at the junction with Ferry Road. We travel along Normanby Road towards Burton Stather and then out through Walcot where we will drop in at The Paddocks tea room in Alkborough for a break. After we have refuelled we travel to West Halton, through Coleby, Thealby and past Normanby Hall before heading back into Scunthorpe along Brigg Road and up Station Road back to The Pods.
Please be advised that due to it being a Saturday it could be quite busy heading out of town & also back in along Brigg Road.
Please note that due to the length of the ride it is advised for ages 11+ only & also bikes with gears as I anticipate an average speed of 10-12mph
- Starting Point
- The Pods, Ashby Road Scunthorpe.
- Starting Postcode
- DN16 1AA
This ride has been organised by a member of the public and British Cycling and Sky take no responsibility for the quality of the experience, please refer to the Terms and Conditions for more details.
Similar events you might like
|Event Name||Date/Time||Ride Level|
|City Road Club (Hull) Cycling Club Social Rides||Sunday 4th May at 9.00am||Anyone||Read More|
|Tuesday Knight Fixie Ride||Tuesday 29th April at 7.00pm||Adult Only||Read More|
|Tuesday Knight Fixie Ride||Tuesday 6th May at 7.00pm||Adult Only||Read More|