Tour De Freshers ride
Wednesday 11th September at 12.00pm This is what time the ride will set off. It’s best to get to the starting point at least 15 minutes beforehand to avoid missing the start.
|Cycling time||Ride distance||Suitable for||Distance from me||Ride level|
|70 Mins||8 Miles||Anyone Not all rides are suitable for everyone. This will tell you if the ride is suitable for you and/or your friends and family.||? Miles||
Steady If you’re fairly confident on your bike and ready to broaden your cycling horizons, Steady rides are ideal. At a comfortable pace, and possibly with some modest hills along the way, rides take place on mainly quiet roads with plenty of sights along the way.
- Starting Point & Postcode
- Middlesbrough College Middlehaven TS2 1AD
- Overall Duration On a long ride, it’s sometimes good to have a little break in the middle, or maybe a catch up at the beginning or end to keep it sociable. This means that the overall ride duration may be longer than the actual cycling time.
- 1 hours 50 mins (1 hours 10 mins cycling)
- Bike Type You probably don’t want to drag your road bike across bumpy trails. Maybe you want to make the most of the suspension on your mountain bike. This helps you match your ride to your bike.
Sky Ride Local in Middlesbrough
If you’re fairly confident on your bike and ready to broaden your cycling horizons, our Steady rides are ideal. At a comfortable pace, and possibly with some modest hills along the way, rides take place on mainly quiet roads with plenty of sights along the way. Rides are between 6 and 20 miles long, at a moderate pace of between 7 and 10 miles an hour.
This ride starts from Middlesbrough College and then passes the Transporter Bridge and Dinosaur park before following the cycle path alongside the River Tees, to the Barrage. On the way you'll pass under Newport Bridge one of only two Vertical lift bridges in Europe. This lovely ride along the river uses local cycle paths and so is a completely traffic free route.
Helmets must be worn by all under 18's regardless of ride level.
Please make sure your bike is in good working order and bring equipment with you to repair punctures, Ride Leaders are there to help but are not responsible for your bike.
All rides leave at the time stated you must arrive early Ride Leaders will not wait.
Children under the age of 5 must be in a BSA approved child seat, trailer or tag-a-long.
- Car Parking
- Yes, at streets in the areas surrounding Middlesbrough College.
- Nearest Train Station
- Middlesbrough Railway Station approximately 400 metres away.
- Toilet Facilities Available?
- Yes, at Railway Station approximately 400 metres away
Meet the Ride Leaders
- Vicky Crowe
- Chris Orr
- John Seed
Similar events you might like
|Event Name||Date/Time||Ride Level|
|Spring Series 2014 - The Big Tour||Sunday 16th March at 10.00am||Challenging||Read More|
|Spring Series 2014 - Trans Pennine Trail: A Route to Lymm||Sunday 23rd March at 10.00am||Challenging||Read More|
|Spring Series 2014 - Follow the Old Brick Road||Sunday 16th March at 10.00am||Challenging||Read More|