Hirst Lock to Toby's Tea Rooms Towpath Ride
Monday 26th August at 2.30pm This is what time the ride will set off. It’s best to get to the starting point at least 15 minutes beforehand to avoid missing the start.
|Cycling time||Ride distance||Suitable for||Distance from me||Ride level|
|80 Mins||8 Miles||Women and children Not all rides are suitable for everyone. This will tell you if the ride is suitable for you and/or your friends and family.||? Miles||
Steady If you’re fairly confident on your bike and ready to broaden your cycling horizons, Steady rides are ideal. At a comfortable pace, and possibly with some modest hills along the way, rides take place on mainly quiet roads with plenty of sights along the way.
0 Free places remaining
- Starting Point & Postcode
- Car Park, Hirst Lock, Hirst Lane, Shipley. Meeting at the Hirst Lock Car Park avoids the congested roads of Saltaire though we do pass through this World Heritage site. BD18 4NQ
- Overall Duration On a long ride, it’s sometimes good to have a little break in the middle, or maybe a catch up at the beginning or end to keep it sociable. This means that the overall ride duration may be longer than the actual cycling time.
- 1 hours 40 mins (1 hours 20 mins cycling)
Breeze Bike Rides in Bradford
This is an easy ride along the towpath to Toby's Tea Rooms near Apperley Bridge, with a very short stretch of quiet road at Dockfield.
It’s a good idea to bring some water, snack to keep you going and money for if we stop at a cafe.
Wearing a helmet is advisable; if you don’t have one please do not to worry you can still take part. If you enjoy the bike ride and would like to come again perhaps you could look to buy one then.
We really welcome newcomers to our rides; we will always ride at the pace of the slowest rider so no one is left behind.
All you need is a roadworthy bike, sensible clothing and a bit of enthusiasm. It helps to have a spare inner tube of the correct size - just in case.
My contact number on the day is 07940 975 971
I look forward to you joining us.
Don’t forget…. Breeze are on a mission to spread the word about their rides, and need your help. If you introduce one friendwho goes on to take part in a Breeze ride, you’ll receive a Breeze water bottle, introduce a second friend, you’ll be the proud owner of one of their swish Breeze Buffs, and introduce a third friend and Breeze will send you £15 of Love2Shop vouchers. Read the article on the homepage for more information.
- Starting Point
- Car Park, Hirst Lock, Hirst Lane, Shipley. Meeting at the Hirst Lock Car Park avoids the congested roads of Saltaire though we do pass through this World Heritage site.
- Starting Postcode
- BD18 4NQ
Meet the Champions
- Judy Robinson
Similar events you might like
|Event Name||Date/Time||Ride Level|
|Womens any level cycling Coaching Session||Thursday 24th April at 6.30pm||Women Only||Read More|
|Greenway jaunt||Sunday 27th April at 9.30pm||Women Only||Read More|
|Birkby to Mirfield for a Brew||Saturday 19th April at 10.00am||Women and Children||Read More|