Acomb Green to Rawclife Country Park
Saturday 7th September at 2.00pm This is what time the ride will set off. It’s best to get to the starting point at least 15 minutes beforehand to avoid missing the start.
|Cycling time||Ride distance||Suitable for||Distance from me||Ride level|
|70 Mins||8 Miles||Anyone Not all rides are suitable for everyone. This will tell you if the ride is suitable for you and/or your friends and family.||? Miles||
Steady If you’re fairly confident on your bike and ready to broaden your cycling horizons, Steady rides are ideal. At a comfortable pace, and possibly with some modest hills along the way, rides take place on mainly quiet roads with plenty of sights along the way.
- Starting Point & Postcode
- Acomb Green, Meet in the North West Corner of the Green opposite The Sun Inn, The Green YO26 5LL
- Overall Duration On a long ride, it’s sometimes good to have a little break in the middle, or maybe a catch up at the beginning or end to keep it sociable. This means that the overall ride duration may be longer than the actual cycling time.
- 1 hours 50 mins (1 hours 10 mins cycling)
- Bike Type You probably don’t want to drag your road bike across bumpy trails. Maybe you want to make the most of the suspension on your mountain bike. This helps you match your ride to your bike.
Sky Ride Local in York
If you’re fairly confident on your bike and ready to broaden your cycling horizons, our Steady rides are ideal. At a comfortable pace, and possibly with some modest hills along the way, rides take place on mainly quiet roads with plenty of sights along the way. Rides are between 6 and 20 miles long, at a moderate pace of between 7 and 10 miles an hour.
Come and join us for this Steady ride from Acomb Green out to Rawclife Country Park. We will head out on a mixture of York’s Orbital Route, NCN route 65 and quiet roads to help us make our way to Clifton Park before continuing on to Rawclife Country Park. We will have time for a small break in the ride to see the great activities that are available at the park and maybe for some of the more adventurous of us to try the Pump Bike Track. Our route back will skirt close to the River Ouse before joining back up with the Orbital Route on our way back to Acomb Green.
Helmets must be worn by all under 18's regardless of ride level.
Please make sure your bike is in good working order and bring equipment with you to repair punctures, Ride Leaders are there to help but are not responsible for your bike.
All rides leave at the time stated you must arrive early Ride Leaders will not wait.
Children under the age of 5 must be in a BSA approved child seat, trailer or tag-a-long.
- Car Parking
- Yes, at Acomb Green, Acomb, York, park on the road side next to the green
- Nearest Train Station
- York Train Station, 1.9 miles
Meet the Ride Leaders
- Adrian Turford
- Gregory Hayward
- Richard Marshall
Rider Comments on the Route
Very friendly ride leaders. Not a bad route for a quick Saturday afternoon run out as well.
Similar events you might like
|Event Name||Date/Time||Ride Level|
|Spring Series 2014 - Pennine Escape||Sunday 9th March at 10.00am||Challenging||Read More|
|Spring Series 2014 - The Big Tour||Sunday 16th March at 10.00am||Challenging||Read More|
|Spring Series 2014 - Follow the Old Brick Road||Sunday 16th March at 10.00am||Challenging||Read More|