Pedal to the Past - Where the Vikings Landed
Tuesday 24th September at 10.30am This is what time the ride will set off. It’s best to get to the starting point at least 15 minutes beforehand to avoid missing the start.
|Cycling time||Ride distance||Suitable for||Distance from me||Ride level|
|200 Mins||20 Miles||Anyone Not all rides are suitable for everyone. This will tell you if the ride is suitable for you and/or your friends and family.||? Miles||
Challenging You don’t have to be the next Bradley Wiggins, but you’ll need to be fairly fit to take part in Challenging ride. As well as covering a good distance, there may well be a few hills along the way! If you fancy a fresh challenge, these rides are perfect for you.
- Starting Point & Postcode
- Millennium Bridge (Butcher Terrace side of the river), York YO10 4ER
- Overall Duration On a long ride, it’s sometimes good to have a little break in the middle, or maybe a catch up at the beginning or end to keep it sociable. This means that the overall ride duration may be longer than the actual cycling time.
- 4 hours 0 mins (3 hours 20 mins cycling)
- Ride Type
- Age Restrictions Not all rides are suitable for everyone. This will tell you if the ride is suitable for you and/or your friends and family.
- Joining Options
Social Cycling Groups in York
Enjoy a history themed ride with City of York Council Volunteers! Follow route 65 cycle track to historic Riccall village to visit the church and hear tales of where the Vikings landed. Includes several historic stops along the way. The ride will include a refreshment stop at a local cafe, but please feel free to bring along a packed lunch.
- Starting Point
- Millennium Bridge (Butcher Terrace side of the river), York
- Starting Postcode
- YO10 4ER
This ride has been organised by a member of the public and British Cycling and Sky take no responsibility for the quality of the experience, please refer to the Terms and Conditions for more details.
Similar events you might like
|Event Name||Date/Time||Ride Level|
|Riverside and Bridges of York Ride||Wednesday 12th March at 1.00pm||Social Cycling Groups||Read More|
|Millennium Bridge to Askham Bog||Friday 21st March at 10.30am||Social Cycling Groups||Read More|
|Ouse Riverside Route||Thursday 27th March at 1.00pm||Social Cycling Groups||Read More|