Wednesday 11th September at 6.00pm This is what time the ride will set off. It’s best to get to the starting point at least 15 minutes beforehand to avoid missing the start.
|Cycling time||Ride distance||Suitable for||Distance from me||Ride level|
|120 Mins||18 Miles||Women only Not all rides are suitable for everyone. This will tell you if the ride is suitable for you and/or your friends and family.||? Miles||
Steady If you’re fairly confident on your bike and ready to broaden your cycling horizons, Steady rides are ideal. At a comfortable pace, and possibly with some modest hills along the way, rides take place on mainly quiet roads with plenty of sights along the way.
0 Free places remaining
- Starting Point & Postcode
- Lytham Windmill FY8 5LD
- Overall Duration On a long ride, it’s sometimes good to have a little break in the middle, or maybe a catch up at the beginning or end to keep it sociable. This means that the overall ride duration may be longer than the actual cycling time.
- 3 hours 0 mins (2 hours 0 mins cycling)
Breeze Bike Rides in Fylde
About the Lytham Loop
Lytham Loop rides are for those of you who want a slightly longer ride than our Coaster’s ride offers, but shorter and slower than our Long Lytham Loop. If you feel confident on road sections, and want to take a steady ride along flat, largely traffic-free routes with a few traffic calmed country lanes, the Lytham Loops is set at a relaxed adult pace of 12mph.
You will be guided, from Lytham Windmill through Lytham to access our back lanes from Green Drive – a beautiful kilometre of cool green avenue. From there, we’ll connect with a short section of Route 62’s cycle lane, before heading up towards The Bryning, stopping at The Burley Arms for Coffee & Pudding (see pudding menu below).
On our return, we link across through the back lanes to Moss Side, and up though Wrea Green before we find the local’s hidden back lanes to Lytham. We’ll have a short ‘warm down’ in the park just before the end of the ride, aiming to be back at the windmill around 9pm.
We maintain a mutual cycling pace, which is not fast. We try to gauge what is comfortable in order for new riders to gradually progress in speed and ability and join our more challenging Longer Loops. Experienced riders would definitely enjoy the conversational pace of these rides as they can be very relaxing.
We meet at Lytham Windmill, starting with a few stretch techniques and bike-checks at 6pm.
We begin the ride at 6.30 prompt. If you are an experienced rider, please join us at 6 to share any personal hints and tips with others during bike-checks.
Please also be sure to bring an extra windproof or waterproof layer and suncream (even in the winter)
NOTE: We advocate helmet wearing but it is your choice whether you wear a helmet or not. These are strictly Women Only rides with the lowest female age bracket is set at 16 years.
You’ll also need some money…
…for a snack; (menu sample July 2013)
Americano (Black Coffee) £1.95
Flavored Latte (Caramel, Hazelnut or Vanilla) £2.90
Hot Chocolate £2.90
Specialty Tea £2.10
Deep Dish Apple Pie And Custard £3.35
Chocolate Fudge Cake £3.60
Apple And Caramel Pancake Stack £3.75
Sticky Toffee Pudding With Custard £3.35
Banana Split £3.35
Sundae Of The Day £3.35
Look forward to seeing at the windmill!
If you have any questions please contact us at email@example.com
If you are running late on the date please call Di on 07784272787
We really want to see newcomers, and want to encourage as many women in to start up with a bike and join our rides So, to encourage you to make it your mission to spread the word about Breeze bike rides, we’re offering any participant who introduces a friend to a Breeze ride, the following prizes:
Want a free gift from Breeze?
- Introduce 1 friend – get a Breeze water bottle
- Introduce 2 friends – get a swish Breeze Buff (neck/head warmer)
- Introduce 3 friends – get £15 of Love2Shop vouchers
To book your friend on to the ride at the same time you are booking yourself on to the ride you need to follow the normal registration process for booking on a Breeze ride:
1. Find the Breeze ride you wish to register for and click on Full Details and Book
2. In the event details page click on Book Now. It’s Free
3. At this point if you are not already logged in to your goskyride account you will be prompted to Login or Create a new account if you don’t already have one.
4. You will then be taken to Step 2 of the booking process and must click Next to confirm you agree to the Breeze terms and conditions.
5. Step 3 is where you can add your friend to your booking. Click Yes please to book someone else on the ride then click Add New Rider and fill out your friend’s details to add them on to the ride.
6. Once you have added your friend’s details you can click on Complete Booking to confirm places on the ride for both you and your friend.
7. Your reward will be sent out after the ride has taken place and the Breeze champion on the ride has confirmed that both you and your friend attended.
If you have already booked a place on a ride and then decide to book your friend on to the ride you need to follow these quick and easy steps:
1. Login to your account on goskyride.com and go to your Dashboard then click on the Rides tab.
2. Find the ride you wish to book your friend on in the Ride Diary (there is a calendar on the right hand side of the page if you need to change month) and click on More details and edit ride.
3. You will then see an option to Edit Booking – click on this and you will be taken to Step 3 of the booking process.
4. Step 3 is where you can add your friend to your booking. Click Yes please to book someone else on the ride then click Add New Rider and fill out your friend’s details to add them on to the ride.
5. Once you have added your friend’s details you can click on Complete Booking to confirm places on the ride for both you and your friend.
6. Your reward will be sent out after the ride has taken place and the Breeze champion on the ride has confirmed that both you and your friend attended.
NB. You must book your friend on to the ride via the website before the ride has taken place so that we have a record of you booking your friend on to the ride. The friend which you are booking on to the ride must be a brand new participant who has not already got an account on goskyride.comIf you simply turn up to a ride with your friend without having booked on via the website this will not be counted towards the Ride for Rewards scheme.
You can book your friend on to the ride either at the same time that you book yourself on to the ride or through your dashboard at a later date once you have booked yourself on to the ride.
Lytham Coaster Rides are held on the 1st and 3rd Wednesday of each month (twice a month – in a five-week month, we have a day off)
Lytham Loop Rides are held on the 2nd and 4th Wednesday of each month (twice a month – in a five-week month, we have a day off)
Lytham Longer Loop Rides are held on the 1st and 3rd Saturday of each month (twice a month – in a five-week month, we have a day off)
- Starting Point
- Lytham Windmill
- Starting Postcode
- FY8 5LD
Meet the Champions
- Di Hickman
Similar events you might like
|Event Name||Date/Time||Ride Level|
|Lytham Promenade||Tuesday 6th May at 6.00pm||Women Only||Read More|
|Lytham Coasters||Tuesday 13th May at 6.00pm||Women Only||Read More|
|Lighter Nights are Coming - Crosby Coastal Ride||Wednesday 30th April at 6.45pm||Women Only||Read More|