B4044 community path support ride - Botley to Eynsham
Friday 27th September at 5.30pm This is what time the ride will set off. It’s best to get to the starting point at least 15 minutes beforehand to avoid missing the start.
|Cycling time||Ride distance||Suitable for||Distance from me||Ride level|
|30 Mins||5 Miles||Anyone Not all rides are suitable for everyone. This will tell you if the ride is suitable for you and/or your friends and family.||? Miles||
Steady If you’re fairly confident on your bike and ready to broaden your cycling horizons, Steady rides are ideal. At a comfortable pace, and possibly with some modest hills along the way, rides take place on mainly quiet roads with plenty of sights along the way.
- Starting Point & Postcode
- Seacourt Bridge pub, Botley Oxford OX2 9JU
- Overall Duration On a long ride, it’s sometimes good to have a little break in the middle, or maybe a catch up at the beginning or end to keep it sociable. This means that the overall ride duration may be longer than the actual cycling time.
- 2 hours 0 mins (30 mins cycling)
- Group Name
- B4044 Eynsham-Botley community path support group
- Ride Type
- Age Restrictions Not all rides are suitable for everyone. This will tell you if the ride is suitable for you and/or your friends and family.
- Joining Options
Social Cycling Groups in Oxford
This ride happens on the last Friday of the month. It is to support the campaign to build a community path (for bicycles, pedestrians, motility scooters primarily) along the route of the B4044. Full details of the campaign are at www.B4044path.org
We gather at 5.25pm at the Seacourt Bridge (arms) pub in Botley and ride 5 miles along the route to Eynsham and a pub of our choice.
All ages (oldest so far is roughly 80) any kind of bicycle, informal average speed is 10mph. No hills, there can be potholes the Oxfordshire CC has failed to repair, so can't be claimed that it's not technical!
Unless it's raining cats and dogs or stair rods we leave at 5.30pm. After say an hour at the Pub of choice we go home.
- Starting Point
- Seacourt Bridge pub, Botley Oxford
- Starting Postcode
- OX2 9JU
This ride has been organised by a member of the public and British Cycling and Sky take no responsibility for the quality of the experience, please refer to the Terms and Conditions for more details.
Similar events you might like
|Event Name||Date/Time||Ride Level|
|Yateley and the local lanes jaunt||Thursday 13th March at 9.45am||Social Cycling Groups||Read More|
|Yateley and the local lanes jaunt||Thursday 20th March at 9.45am||Social Cycling Groups||Read More|
|wippey woods, watford||Saturday 15th March at 9.00am||Social Cycling Groups||Read More|