Leeds 17 to Thorner Road Ride
Wednesday 18th September at 7.00pm This is what time the ride will set off. It’s best to get to the starting point at least 15 minutes beforehand to avoid missing the start.
|Cycling time||Ride distance||Suitable for||Distance from me||Ride level|
|120 Mins||16 Miles||Women only Not all rides are suitable for everyone. This will tell you if the ride is suitable for you and/or your friends and family.||? Miles||
Steady If you’re fairly confident on your bike and ready to broaden your cycling horizons, Steady rides are ideal. At a comfortable pace, and possibly with some modest hills along the way, rides take place on mainly quiet roads with plenty of sights along the way.
- Starting Point & Postcode
- The Lord Darcy, Harrogate Road. https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?hl=en-GB&q=lord+darcy,+harrogate+road&ie=UTF-8&ei=fPzgUfbqPKGP0AWZwoGYBA&ved=0CAgQ_AUoAg LS17 8EH
- Overall Duration On a long ride, it’s sometimes good to have a little break in the middle, or maybe a catch up at the beginning or end to keep it sociable. This means that the overall ride duration may be longer than the actual cycling time.
- 2 hours 10 mins (2 hours 0 mins cycling)
Breeze Bike Rides in Leeds
We'll head through Shadwell Crossing the Wetherby Road A58, through country roads/lanes to Thorner. Once in Thorner we'll then do a loop near to Bramham Park. When we've done the loop and back in Thorner we'll head back to LS17 for a drink & chat in The Darcy.
There are some hills but not too hard for those who ride regular, All kinds of traffic use these country lanes so you should be traffic aware.
We ride at a steady pace 10-13mph avg speed, we keep together as a group so no body gets left behind.
Make sure you bring a drink, also spare tubes & tools to sort out a puncher should it happen.
You need to have a bike that's in good working order, a Road Bike would be best. dress appropriately for the weather: a shower-proof jacket might come in handy too! Wearing a helmet is advisable. You will need to make sure you have lights as it's going to be dusk as we're setting off, If you have any form of Hi Viz or bright clothing then please wear so we can be seen easier.
For more information please contact: Elaine 07901 058479
Don’t forget…. Breeze are on a mission to spread the word about their rides, and need your help. If you introduce one friend who goes on to take part in a Breeze ride, you’ll receive a Breeze water bottle, introduce a second friend, you’ll be the proud owner of one of their swish Breeze Buffs, and introduce a third friend and Breeze will send you £15 of Love2Shop vouchers. Read the article on the homepage for more information.
- Starting Point
- The Lord Darcy, Harrogate Road. https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?hl=en-GB&q=lord+darcy,+harrogate+road&ie=UTF-8&ei=fPzgUfbqPKGP0AWZwoGYBA&ved=0CAgQ_AUoAg
- Starting Postcode
- LS17 8EH
Meet the Champions
- Elaine FranC