Saturday 17th August at 10.00am This is what time the ride will set off. It’s best to get to the starting point at least 15 minutes beforehand to avoid missing the start.
|Cycling time||Ride distance||Suitable for||Distance from me||Ride level|
|125 Mins||19 Miles||8+ (children 8-15 with adult) Not all rides are suitable for everyone. This will tell you if the ride is suitable for you and/or your friends and family.||? Miles||
Steady If you’re fairly confident on your bike and ready to broaden your cycling horizons, Steady rides are ideal. At a comfortable pace, and possibly with some modest hills along the way, rides take place on mainly quiet roads with plenty of sights along the way.
0 Free places remaining
- Starting Point & Postcode
- North Kesteven Centre, Moor Lane, North Hykeham, LN6 9AX
- Overall Duration On a long ride, it’s sometimes good to have a little break in the middle, or maybe a catch up at the beginning or end to keep it sociable. This means that the overall ride duration may be longer than the actual cycling time.
- 3 hours 5 mins (2 hours 5 mins cycling)
- Bike Type You probably don’t want to drag your road bike across bumpy trails. Maybe you want to make the most of the suspension on your mountain bike. This helps you match your ride to your bike.
- Mountain Bike, Hybrid (off road tyres), Hybrid (road tyres), Road
Sky Ride Local in Lincoln
If you’re fairly confident on your bike and ready to broaden your cycling horizons, our Steady rides are ideal. At a comfortable pace, and possibly with some modest hills along the way, rides take place on mainly quiet roads with plenty of sights along the way. Rides are between 6 and 20 miles long, at a moderate pace of between 7 and 10 miles an hour.
This ride is part of the Family Fun Day at the North Kesteven Centre. We have two rides taking place using the same route with one starting at 10am and one at 2pm. In addition to this there will be various other activities going on throughout the day. There will be free Doctor Bike checks all day, free health checks, free sports taster sessions and much, much more. Come along to this great day of family fun and enjoy a wonderful day with more than just a lovely bike ride.
Helmets must be worn by all under 18's regardless of ride level.
Please bring equipment with you to repair punctures, Ride Leaders are there to help but are not responsible for your bike.
All rides leave at the time stated you must arrive early Ride Leaders will not wait.
- Car Parking
- Yes, at start point.
- Nearest Train Station
- Lincoln Central approximately 3 miles away.
- Toilet Facilities Available?
- Yes, at At start point.
Meet the Ride Leaders
- Steven Bishop
- Brian Garrill
Rider Comments on the Route
Very enjoyable little ride. I will be doing it again sometime soon. I've been on two Sky Rides now and I have to say that the Ride Leaders have been excellent on both. There a great bunch of people. Their mad about bikes but don't hold that against them :-)
Similar events you might like
|Event Name||Date/Time||Ride Level|
|Sky Ride Local Le Petit Grand Prix||Saturday 10th May at 10.00am||Challenging||Read More|
|Ploughshares, Carthorses and Manor Houses||Sunday 18th May at 10.00am||Steady (8+)||Read More|
|Bassingham/Norton Disney Countryside Loop||Sunday 18th May at 9.30am||Steady||Read More|