Wednesday 10th July at 6.30pm This is what time the ride will set off. It’s best to get to the starting point at least 15 minutes beforehand to avoid missing the start.
|Cycling time||Ride distance||Suitable for||Distance from me||Ride level|
|90 Mins||8 Miles||Women and children Not all rides are suitable for everyone. This will tell you if the ride is suitable for you and/or your friends and family.||? Miles||
Steady If you’re fairly confident on your bike and ready to broaden your cycling horizons, Steady rides are ideal. At a comfortable pace, and possibly with some modest hills along the way, rides take place on mainly quiet roads with plenty of sights along the way.
0 Free places remaining
- Starting Point & Postcode
- Canal Side near Bottom Lock. Nearest postal address is Wood's Street, Wigan (off Caroline Street), the post code below should take you near to the carpark by the canal and Trencherfield Mill. WN3 4ET WN3 4ET
- Overall Duration On a long ride, it’s sometimes good to have a little break in the middle, or maybe a catch up at the beginning or end to keep it sociable. This means that the overall ride duration may be longer than the actual cycling time.
- 2 hours 0 mins (1 hours 30 mins cycling)
Breeze Bike Rides in Wigan
Why not join in on this traffic free canal side ride starting from Wigan Pier's bottom lock taking you along the delights of Leeds Liverpool Canal until you reach Dover Lock. The total ride is approximately 8 miles and is suitable for all types of bikes as the paths are imprinted concrete or recently laid compacted gravel. However, this ride is not suitable for any bikes with stabilisers or trailers.
At mid point there is a pub where we should be able to get a drink or a snack should you wish to so bring along some money if you want to purchase a drink etc.
Most of the canal path is flat with a couple of climbs and lock gates to navigate along the way so suitable for women and children who are able to cycle along the canal.
It's advised to wear a helmet but all children MUST wear a helmet or they will be unable to take part. Make sure you wear suitable clothing as I cannot guarantee the sunshine all the time and bring a spare inner tube just in case of punctures.
Please log on www.breezebikerides.com and register on the ride to secure a place
- Starting Point
- Canal Side near Bottom Lock. Nearest postal address is Wood's Street, Wigan (off Caroline Street), the post code below should take you near to the carpark by the canal and Trencherfield Mill. WN3 4ET
- Starting Postcode
- WN3 4ET
Meet the Champions
- Sandra Green
Similar events you might like
|Event Name||Date/Time||Ride Level|
|Bottom to the Top||Tuesday 22nd April at 6.30pm||Women and Children||Read More|
|Breeze Challenge Ride for Women - Dunham Dauphiné||Sunday 27th April at 9.00am||Women Only||Read More|
|Arrrgghh me hearties, Ride the Plank||Monday 28th April at 6.30pm||Women and Children||Read More|